Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

DJI Over Autel in 2023 ? My input…what’s yours?

Why I’m Choosing to Fly @DJI Over Autel Drones in 2023
I didn't watch the whole 20 minute video, just the first few minutes so forgive me if you covered this somewhere in there. My attention span is short for stuff like this. I hope you keep the Autel drone for when the DJI lets you down with its geofencing. Once you get bit by that snake, you never forget the sting of it.

I didn't watch the whole 20 minute video, just the first few minutes so forgive me if you covered this somewhere in there. My attention span is short for stuff like this. I hope you keep the Autel drone for when the DJI lets you down with its geofencing. Once you get bit by that snake, you never forget the sting of it.
I agree and mentioned that anyone serious about flying should probably own at least one.

Reactions: Eagle928
DJI for sure. My Evo Lite+ is a dust collector. I fly it quarterly just to cycle the batteries. Non reliable firmware, no SDK’s & the worst customer service in the business.

Reactions: ppina
I've flow an Evo II Pro V1 for a few years, I've had a few problems, but I like the drone and love the camera. I'll keep my Autel and I'm going to buy a DJI before Remote ID kicks in this September. I'll put a Remote ID device on my E2Pro and keep it for time when I'm geo-fenced but have no cell service. But I totally agree that Autel is a mess, and they need to do much better.

Last edited:
Reactions: AirStag
Autel has its quirks but more often than not I reach for one of my Autel drones over one of my DJI drones. I simply like the image quality better with Autel. Thanks to RID I now have 4 mini-sized drones and two mid-sized workhorses (one of each brand). Plus the little ones are less noticeable to the karen's of the world although I make it point to not "peep" or even give the impression I'm doing so when flying around the 'hood'.

Reactions: EBEPLS and garycsan
What is the best or a couple of very good DJI forums?

I’m on the official DJI sponsored forums, but you know what I mean.

I have an Autel Evo2 V1 and a DJI Avata. Very different but both are fun.

DJI for sure. My Evo Lite+ is a dust collector. I fly it quarterly just to cycle the batteries. Non reliable firmware, no SDK’s & the worst customer service in the business.
You must not remember the good ole days of DJI when they had NO competition other than Parrot... DJI had to change things. THE #1 reason most left DJI was Autel having a working drone for the Android community of which DJI made every attempt to force people into iOS after their partnership with Apple. DJI TRASHED the Go 4 app for over 8 months... Disconnects, Pixelated to hell display issues, etc etc. But ONLY THE ANDROID version. This pissed off so many loyal DJI users on Android. Many that bought Nvidia and other brand tablets... DJI lost a ton of Android users because they alienated them. DJI only redid the Go4 app for the M2P release... by then many went to the Evo.

Autel released the SDK's to many third party vendors including Litchi years ago under the Evo 1. DJI basically shot a warning shot over Litchi's bow and said no you don't... not if you want our licensing.. DJI does the same with EVERY third party company they can. Propeller makers, battery companies, case companies, etc. DJI continues to have special relationships with their content creators that review Autel drones and other drones...

We have 14 E2 Birds in the company here and none have had a single issue. Camera quality is top notch. We'll be looking to buy the 4 Max soon as well.

Reactions: Eagle928
You must not remember the good ole days of DJI when they had NO competition other than Parrot... DJI had to change things. THE #1 reason most left DJI was Autel having a working drone for the Android community of which DJI made every attempt to force people into iOS after their partnership with Apple. DJI TRASHED the Go 4 app for over 8 months... Disconnects, Pixelated to hell display issues, etc etc. But ONLY THE ANDROID version. This pissed off so many loyal DJI users on Android. Many that bought Nvidia and other brand tablets... DJI lost a ton of Android users because they alienated them. DJI only redid the Go4 app for the M2P release... by then many went to the Evo.

Autel released the SDK's to many third party vendors including Litchi years ago under the Evo 1. DJI basically shot a warning shot over Litchi's bow and said no you don't... not if you want our licensing.. DJI does the same with EVERY third party company they can. Propeller makers, battery companies, case companies, etc. DJI continues to have special relationships with their content creators that review Autel drones and other drones...

We have 14 E2 Birds in the company here and none have had a single issue. Camera quality is top notch. We'll be looking to buy the 4 Max soon as well.
Yes, that's correct and why I originally chose the Evo2P, but this is now and Autel is not what they briefly were. I still love my E2P and have a DroneTag Mini on it and I'll keep it because I love the camera and the power of the aircraft but the service radically going away and maybe coming back has be looking carefully at DJI. Plus, in my case, I want to have a mini as my next drone just to have a simple way to fly in other countries and Autel does not seem to have a good mini. Reports on the Nano are not good.

Yes, that's correct and why I originally chose the Evo2P, but this is now and Autel is not what they briefly were. I still love my E2P and have a DroneTag Mini on it and I'll keep it because I love the camera and the power of the aircraft but the service radically going away and maybe coming back has be looking carefully at DJI. Plus, in my case, I want to have a mini as my next drone just to have a simple way to fly in other countries and Autel does not seem to have a good mini. Reports on the Nano are not good.
I have two Nano+ drones. The first one I bought through Amazon and it's very good. The second one I bought used through ebay and it's okay but not as good as the first one. My point is Autel's manufacturer has spotty quality control. The RYYB camera is very good on both of them however and that's what I care most about.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials