Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

DJI or Autel is this even a question hehe.

• Thread starter Deleted member 1872
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 1872

Well this is from my point of view and experience.

First did research everything pointed towards a DJI in November 2017. June 2018 had a problem customer (cough cough) support (still within warranty) Transmission image error and GPS calibration error.

Never crashed flew it like a old man, training wheels beginner mode but loved it.

Offered a repair for 280 euros DJI Europe paid it and received and replacement not a repair.

And from here is where the problems started and a list of emails backwards and forwards because there were still problems and they wanted me to send it back again and I was not prepared to do that without conditions and they wouldn't do that.

The result is they still have my drone as I paid with Paypal, Paypal once explained refunded me almost everything.

I was missing flying so bought a EVO took a lot of effort with customs 5 weeks in customs(Spain) but have been enjoying it more built better and will not have to deal with DJI Customer support.

SO DJI - and their customer support orrrrrr AUTEL i'll have to go AUTEL.

DJI are thieves as well as no communication about my drone period.

Yes Autel customer support is wonderful but how are you going to get support from Autel in Spain. And yes they offer warranties to international customers. You are pretty much on your own for shipping.

Hopefully this makes Mr YuKay happy as he has trouble figuring things out on his own.

Last edited:
Yes Autel customer support is wonderful but how are you going to get support from Autel in Spain. They do not offer warranties to international customers. You are pretty much on your own if anything happens to it.
The warranty is valid anywhere in the world. But you would have to pay to ship it a long way to get it back to Autel for any repairs.

Hopefully, this will change soon as they have been advertising for an international sales director which might indicate that they are about to spread their wings.

Yes the warranty is good world wide but by the time you pay shipping back and forth and get stuck with vat and duty charges again you might as well buy a new one. Just ask Franlac from France. He went through all this bull crap with Autel. Autel ended up being nice and gave him a excellent deal on a new unit when all he needed was a new motor. They would not ship a new motor. Good thing DJI motors fit in his broken unit.

Well,

I can talk from great experience DJI are very arrogant to the point of threatening me if I ask for a Paypal refund, I quote "if you do that there will be consequences". Stefan DJI Europe.

Can Autel be any worse?

Yes I'll have to send to US but you don't get import charges for repaired items when you've already paid import duty, that's why all companies make it clear to write repair on the returned item.

Anyway I spoke to Autel before I bought it and they were honest and said if you buy from us in the US you will have to send back no worse than sending my DJI drone back to China.

Also @Franlac and Augstine are you not from France? did you not know there would be the same problems, I did too and except it.

I accept there are positives and negatives but my worse customer experience ever was with DJI and I will never but their product again however good it is.

Just my experience and opinion.

Reactions: YuKay
No I am from Canada and yes I know all about getting charged dutys on warranty items from Autel. Another lie from Autel if they told you they will put a repair on return item. I have many emails back and forth from Autel saying they cannot do that and it is the shipper they use that screws everything up. As for getting your money back from Governments it is a long process at least here in Canada.

Yes I'll have to send to US but you don't get import charges for repaired items when you've already paid import duty, that's why all companies make it clear to write repair on the returned item.
Certainly in the UK, there would be no duty to pay on reimporting a repaired product if the repair was done under warranty, ie free of charge. If it's a chargeable repair, you may possibly have to pay taxes on the cost of the repair - but not on the cost of the drone again.

For reassurance, it is possible to pre-clear a returned item by filling out a temporary/repair export form.

However, there is a risk that duty and tax might be payable again if Autel were to send you a FOC replacement drone instead of repairing the one you sent back. Even then, you would probably not incur any taxes or charges if Autel marked the consignment as zero value - which would be correct in the sense that you have paid nothing for it but might complicate an insurance claim if it got lost or broken in transit.

But inconvenient and potentially expensive as it is to import directly from a company which has no infrastructure in your country, I made the same decision as you and imported my EVO in the full knowledge that there would be no local support or repair facility…at least for the time being. My experience with Autel support in the USA, both before and after my purchase, has been extremely good and my EVO is very robust, even in the hands of a total novice. No doubt I will need a repair at some point and I will have to deal with the problem - but hopefully Autel UK will be up and running before then.

Good luck
Other people have gone through it and it is a very surprised when they can't get there unit out of costumes until they pay the bill but hey you know better. Once the government has your money they don't make it easy to get it back. ;) good luck on that one to.

I suspect you don't know much about European governments but your comments may be of interest to other Canadians.

It should not be a painful experience if you do your research before sending something off for repair abroad - and my guess is that this applies to Canada as well (and should apply to all member countries of the Commonwealth as they tend to adopt British law).

Good thing we broke off from the Commonwealth a long time ago. ;)
I agree it should not be a painful experience but I am just passing on what people from other countries have gone through. I do hope you have no problems if you ever run into the need to get something repaired and it all works out just the way you have it planned. If it ever happen please keep us informed.
Hopefully Autel will go international and then we will not have to worry about these problems.

Good thing we broke off from the Commonwealth a long time ago. ;)
You're not helping your credibility with nonsense like that. Or maybe you should tell your government to get their facts right.
Canada and The Commonwealth

I agree it should not be a painful experience but I am just passing on what people from other countries have gone through.
I've seen very few reports of unexpected problems in this forum, apart from some lengthy delays in customs clearance. And I haven't seen one report of an international owner having to pay the duty and tax on his EVO a second time when sending it back for repair. Kindly link me to these reports.

So how come you are deliberately misleading forum members by stating: "They do not offer warranties to international customers"?
Get off it all ready, yes they offer warranties but you have to pay the round trip and any other expenses. I will change the wording for you if you if you cannot figure it out.

You're not helping your credibility with nonsense like that. Or maybe you should tell your government to get their facts right.
Canada and The Commonwealth

I've seen very few reports of unexpected problems in this forum, apart from some lengthy delays in customs clearance. And I haven't seen one report of an international owner having to pay the duty and tax on his EVO a second time when sending it back for repair. Kindly link me to these reports.

Have you seen someone with a EVO from UK send one in? I have not. I have seen others with the X-Star have problems and have to pay. I will not waist my time looking them up.
Go get a life and stop trolling me.

It strikes me that your mission here is to spread fear, uncertainty and doubt amongst potential EVO buyers. Some of your statements are maliciously false and that makes you unwelcome imho.

As part of your mission, you have been trolling me for a long time. I think it would benefit this forum if you desisted.

Reactions: Jagerbomb52
Well I bought my DJI drone from China and had to pay to have it sent back even under warranty.

It's what you get when you don't but from Europe, but it is also the joys of the internet I saved money at the time.

If we didn't have the internet i'd be using my spinning top and not much else.

I'm an adult and make my own decisions on my experiences.

I do think people replying on here are missing the point.

DJI have stolen my drone and won't give it back - but PAYPAL have been stellar.

Reactions: Jagerbomb52

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bigmaxsg