Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

DJI Mavic 3 "Leaks" On the Verge - Dual Cameras / 46min flight time / M4/3 Sensor / Apple ProRes

herein2021

Reaction score
It is starting to look like DJI Mavic 3 will be a serious blockbuster of a drone:

• Dual Cameras (20MP M4/3 and + 12MP 1/2" sensor)
  • Cine Model with 1TB SSD + Apple ProRes RAW
  • 46min Flight time
  • etc, etc
Additional Information from The Verge

Personally I'm not that interested in the dual camera setup since I would never use the smaller one, and Davinci Resolve does not support Apple ProRes so I don't need that either. The increased flight time is pretty interesting (if its accurate). But the geofencing overshadows all of it and my current EVO II 6K works great so I will wait for the EVO III to release.

I also think the additional rumored 900Mhz band that the EVO III will allegedly offer will greatly improve transmission range in congested locations. I'll be curious to see though if the image transmission resolution drops to 720p or below since its not a high bandwidth frequency.

I like it. price is kinda high, im reading starting at $1,600 up to north of $2,500 for the top of the line fly more combo. new smart controller too although still not a nice as autel sc.

I like it. price is kinda high, im reading starting at $1,600 up to north of $2,500 for the top of the line fly more combo. new smart controller too although still not a nice as autel sc.
But which Autel Smart controller? The one I have will only control V1 air frames (may have resale value). My DJI Smart controlled will control my Mavic 2 Pro, Mavi 2 Zoom, Air 2S (even though it's O3) and my Mini 2.

I my Autel Smart controller was forward compatible/upgradable, there'd be a competitive landscape I'd be happy with. At the moment, I'm tempted to sell My Autel E2P and SC and start over.

If you want to see high prices, spec out an Inspire 2 these days. I had an Inspire 1 for awhile and the case and batteries made it exponentially more than any of my other drones at the time. The Inspire 2 with the X7 is more than double that.

But which Autel Smart controller? The one I have will only control V1 air frames (may have resale value). My DJI Smart controlled will control my Mavic 2 Pro, Mavi 2 Zoom, Air 2S (even though it's O3) and my Mini 2.

I my Autel Smart controller was forward compatible/upgradable, there'd be a competitive landscape I'd be happy with. At the moment, I'm tempted to sell My Autel E2P and SC and start over.

Has there even been any validation that the V2 smart controller will control the EVO III? With a new 900Mhz band I wouldn't be surprised if even that doesn't work. Obviously all of this is pure rumor and speculation.

for sure nothing else will work with the v1 sc except the v1 drone. but it's been the plan all along (at least for me) to one day dispose of all v1 equipment....it's just a matter of when. however, if the nano and the lite won't work with the sc, then my v1 is still fresh. I've had v1 drone for over a year, honestly I think it has a good year or two left. I don't buy drones in the winter so this new batch (depending on price and compatibility) might have to wait until spring. still, don't forget autel owes us a deal on the v1 sc. ;)

If you want to see high prices, spec out an Inspire 2 these days. I had an Inspire 1 for awhile and the case and batteries made it exponentially more than any of my other drones at the time. The Inspire 2 with the X7 is more than double that.

Has there even been any validation that the V2 smart controller will control the EVO III? With a new 900Mhz band I wouldn't be surprised if even that doesn't work. Obviously all of this is pure rumor and speculation.
Time to sit tight and collect info before throwing more cash. At least DJI's smart controller has been compatible with many of its products (four I own). I'd like to see an Autel Smart Controller I own meet that before I go further into adding more Autel into my collection (which may require me to liquidate v1). Time will tell - but v1 is at a dead end.

for sure nothing else will work with the v1 sc except the v1 drone. but it's been the plan all along (at least for me) to one day dispose of all v1 equipment....it's just a matter of when. however, if the nano and the lite won't work with the sc, then my v1 is still fresh. I've had v1 drone for over a year, honestly I think it has a good year or two left. I don't buy drones in the winter so this new batch (depending on price and compatibility) might have to wait until spring. still, don't forget autel owes us a deal on the v1 sc. ;)
Hi Ken, I remember - we had a hell of a thread fest with Randall making that promise. However, Randall moved on (based on solid ethics) and the way to handle us with the V1 Smart Controller is currently unstated/unknown. I guess we have to wait. Best, Marc

Reactions: kenautelevo2pro
I read somewhere Autel wouldn’t honor that deal Randal made, think it was in a recent email about two weeks ago.

I never considered it would materialize, and I wasn’t going to fight for it because I never believed it was going to happen.

Will add, I liked Randel and his positive outlook. But deep down didn’t feel it was going to happen, accepted this and not going worry over this a bit.

Last edited:
I read somewhere Autel wouldn’t honor that deal Randal made, think it was in a recent email about two weeks ago.

I never considered it would materialize, and I wasn’t going to fight for it because I never believed it was going to happen.

Will add, I liked Randel and his positive outlook. But deep down didn’t feel it was going to happen, accepted this and not going worry over this a bit.
agreed im not worry to worry too much about it either since I believe the v1 sc will have a pretty good resale value and presently I'm actually getting my money's worth. would be nice but always had a plan B just in case.

however, I still have to wonder what would happen if in march 2022 before my autel care is expired and after v1 supplies have depleted and v2 equipment is abound, if I crash my drone which required a replacement, would they send me a v2 drone and a v2 smart controller or would they send me a v2 drone and v2 standard controller or would they simply send me a v2 drone and leave me hanging?

Reactions: Waldo Pepper
agreed im not worry to worry too much about it either since I believe the v1 sc will have a pretty good resale value and presently I'm actually getting my money's worth. would be nice but always had a plan B just in case.

however, I still have to wonder what would happen if in march 2022 before my autel care is expired and after v1 supplies have depleted and v2 equipment is abound, if I crash my drone which required a replacement, would they send me a v2 drone and a v2 smart controller or would they send me a v2 drone and v2 standard controller or would they simply send me a v2 drone and leave me hanging?
Hi Ken, I suspect that if your v1 drone has an issue under Autel Care and they do not have a V1 to replace it with, they'll get you taken care of w/v2. The insurance should get you back in the air, not toss you an object that is not capable of flight with your expensive controller. - M

I agree, Autel should take care of those having V1 products needing replacement if parts are not available, Especially under warranty. I’m assuming they’ll probably have enough repair V1 parts for a while, hopefully a few years.

How they handle replacements is something we’ll need to wait and see, as you mentioned if your Evo 2 V1 needs replacement what about the SC V1 how will they take care of the customer if user can’t use the SC V1 with a Evo 2 V2 replacement.

It’s a mess, But this V1 and V2 mess is so minor compared to our mess at the border and other disasters throughout our country.

May take my Evo 2 out today, fly and enjoy the day.

I think Autel is going to suddenly become a serious competitor with DJI. While I'm OK with my Mavic 2 Pro, I detest DJI's geofencing and have run amok on several projects with it, even having dealt with DJI to unlock missions. Nothing but issues and a major pain that one has to look out for. I suspect that the Mavic 3 or whatever they call it will be pricey. If Autel stays away from that feature and improves on what they've done with the EVO II in terms of handling, I'm 90% sure an Autel will be my next drone.

I think Autel is going to suddenly become a serious competitor with DJI. While I'm OK with my Mavic 2 Pro, I detest DJI's geofencing and have run amok on several projects with it, even having dealt with DJI to unlock missions. Nothing but issues and a major pain that one has to look out for. I suspect that the Mavic 3 or whatever they call it will be pricey. If Autel stays away from that feature and improves on what they've done with the EVO II in terms of handling, I'm 90% sure an Autel will be my next drone.
Make sure your Autel is a V2 if you're thinking of getting a smart controller. If a smart controller is not in your plans, V1/V2 will do.

Resolve can make use ProRes files just fine. If you are on a PC, you cannot export to ProRes from Resolve due to licensing limitations. But you can certainly import ProRes, edit, and export to whatever else you want, typically MP4 for UTube.

I assumed the specs for the Mavic Pro in regards to ProRes was for ProRes RAW which is not supported by Davinci Resolve. If they were referring to compressed ProRes then yes that would work with DR.

if history repeats its self Autel drones always come out with Better camera system
That's going to be difficult this time. DJI has over 8,000 engineers on staff, all constantly working on R&D, and they keep raising the bar! The Hasselblad purchase gave DJI a new edge in the camera realm. Unless Autel Robotics suddenly buys Sony, Canon, or Nikon, DJI will continue to stay at least one step ahead! DJI has to create it before Autel Robotics can copy it and tweak it. ;)

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Football Bat