Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

DJI eyes enterprise business in transformation from hardware maker to platform operator

I read that Parrot is giving up most of the consumer market, to focus on enterprise markets. I hope they don't leave their consumers hanging by abandoning their drone support.

Reactions: HiloHawaiian
I read that Parrot is giving up most of the consumer market, to focus on enterprise markets. I hope they don't leave their consumers hanging by abandoning their drone support.
Yeah, I have a Bebop 2 I really love to fly in Sport Mode which means the occasional spare parts. I wasn't lucky enough to buy the crossbar before it leaped 50% in price because they closed US stores after December 31st. All parts coming through Amazon now

Reactions: Ansia
That’s sad, b/c the Anafi is something to build on. It’s a breakthrough design — very small, light and quiet with a good camera and unique gimbal. It could be refined into something really special...

My last 3 drones the Mfg. went commercial and dropped the consumer products..... And the price went with it. I hope they continue consumer products.....

Parrot changed business approach and they are minimizing cost....look at dji,14000 employees,I mean they are paid peanuts but still,it is 14000 employees, eventually they will have a few bad sale quarters and first thing they will do is fire some people to compensate for losses
Parrot jumped into the commercial market by announcing the Parrot Anafi Work package. They are in this for the long haul. Its been said they will have parts for sale for the Anafi by end of the month or shorty in Feb. Do not think they will be going anywhere soon. The end of 2019 will tell us more for sure.

Is this why Autel was emphasizing Kestrel so much at CES? The consumer drone market has slowed...maybe enterprise is the only growth market? Drone maker DJI eyes enterprise business in transformation from hardware maker to platform operator

Autel Rob
That’s sad, b/c the Anafi is something to build on. It’s a breakthrough design — very small, light and quiet with a good camera and unique gimbal. It could be refined into something really special...
They continue to introduce advanced models of Bebop also - Thermal, and Pro 3D mapping for commercial use .

They continue to introduce advanced models of Bebop also - Thermal, and Pro 3D mapping for commercial use .
I read into this, since I need one for work. I was dissapointed to learn that photos with the FLIR camera came out unusable in windy situations, due to lack of gimbal.

I read into this, since I need one for work. I was dissapointed to learn that photos with the FLIR camera came out unusable in windy situations, due to lack of gimbal.
I downloaded this from Parrot forum. I admit it is not the greatest but seemed sufficient for the audit he was doing

Attachments

• 963Roof (1).pdf
    743.9 KB · Views: 8
What kind of conditions did the pilot flew in? I live in the Caribbean and it's windy 20/7. The 4 hours being at night.
LOL, just like Hawaii. It's rarely still. The trade winds are great when it gets hot, but they can really blow sometimes....

LOL, just like Hawaii. It's rarely still. The trade winds are great when it gets hot, but they can really blow sometimes....
I've been told by friends, that going to Hawaii is like being in Puerto Rico, but on the other side of the world. Heck, you guys have a Coquí plague caused by an experiment gone wrong, that we did in Hawaii.

I’ve been to both places, Hawaii is culturally very different. Both are tropically pretty, but very different, hard to compare. PR is hotter, more humid too.
The deafening Coqui frogs are a prime example of what’s wrong with Hawaii. The outbreak started in Hilo, downtown, from a shipment of house plants from PR. They took over a large vacant area where they could have been eradicated. They’re on every island now permanently. It could have been stopped with quick, decisive action (Mayor Kim told me so), but alas, Hawaii never takes quick, decisive action on anything, except raising taxes...

I’ve been to both places, Hawaii is culturally very different. Both are tropically pretty, but very different, hard to compare. PR is hotter, more humid too.
The deafening Coqui frogs are a prime example of what’s wrong with Hawaii. The outbreak started in Hilo, downtown, from a shipment of house plants from PR. They took over a large vacant area where they could have been eradicated. They’re on every island now permanently. It could have been stopped with quick, decisive action (Mayor Kim told me so), but alas, Hawaii never takes quick, decisive action on anything, except raising taxes...
You say they are different? Politicians here are as effective as they are in Hawaii. I thought they coquis were imported to Hawaii for an experiment to see if they would survive a different envirorments than PR. For example, Hispañola (were Dominican Republic and Haiti are) is right next to PR, but Coqui won't survive there. Somehow the Coqui escaped and propagated throughout Hawaii. That was the story given here. If you ever come back here, hit me up, so we can go flying.

You say they are different? Politicians here are as effective as they are in Hawaii. I thought they coquis were imported to Hawaii for an experiment to see if they would survive a different envirorments than PR. For example, Hispañola (were Dominican Republic and Haiti are) is right next to PR, but Coqui won't survive there. Somehow the Coqui escaped and propagated throughout Hawaii. That was the story given here. If you ever come back here, hit me up, so we can go flying.
Yea, you’re right about the politicians, LOL. I will!!

Nope, Coquis came inadvertently via house plants to Target/Walmart. The last thing Hawaii needs is another invasive species, OMG, it’s the poster child of how not to control your enviorment. Well over half (and growing) of the plants and animals are introuduced, crowding-out native speices, which are all under threat of extinction. Snakes control Conquis in PR, there are no snakes in Hawaii. Coquis have no predators there, so they exploded in incredible numbers very quickly. Certain wet areas are absolutely deafening at night. Near Rainbow Falls in Hilo, they drown-out the sound of the falls at night until you get closer. In the Hawaiian Paradise Park subdivision, folks at night can’t hear the phone ring or the TV w/o closed captioning. I removed all plants/trees from around my house to make it much quieter, but I had a big lot — many don’t.
Nobody ever brings animals to Hawaii as an experiment anymore, that stopped a century ago, after some genius brought Mongeese to Hawaii to take care of the rat problem. They forgot rats are nocturnal, mongeese are not. Now, we have both...

Yea, you’re right about the politicians, LOL. I will!!

Nope, Coquis came inadvertently via house plants to Target/Walmart. The last thing Hawaii needs is another invasive species, OMG, it’s the poster child of how not to control your enviorment. Well over half (and growing) of the plants and animals are introuduced, crowding-out native speices, which are all under threat of extinction. Snakes control Conquis in PR, there are no snakes in Hawaii. Coquis have no predators there, so they exploded in incredible numbers very quickly. Certain wet areas are absolutely deafening at night. Near Rainbow Falls in Hilo, they drown-out the sound of the falls at night until you get closer. In the Hawaiian Paradise Park subdivision, folks at night can’t hear the phone ring or the TV w/o closed captioning. I removed all plants/trees from around my house to make it much quieter, but I had a big lot — many don’t.
Nobody ever brings animals to Hawaii as an experiment anymore, that stopped a century ago, after some genius brought Mongeese to Hawaii to take care of the rat problem. They forgot rats are nocturnal, mongeese are not. Now, we have both...
LOL like I said, we are very similar. Here in PR they brought the mongeese for the same reason. When they failed, they brought in cats. Now we have the 3... although I like cats. If you want, I can send you some local snakes to help you out =p.

Reactions: HiloHawaiian
LOL like I said, we are very similar. Here in PR they brought the mongeese for the same reason. When they failed, they brought in cats. Now we have the 3... although I like cats. If you want, I can send you some local snakes to help you out =p.
LOL, Snakes are the one thing Hawaii tries hard to keep out. Everything introduced to Hawaii goes viral b/c there’s no predation of any kind. This is why snakes are so devastating to virgin islands. The brown tree snake has devastated Guam since WWII:

Guam's Plague of Snakes Is Devastating The Whole Island Ecosystem, Even The Trees

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sky3d