Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Distance records set for the XSP........?........

Anyone heard of any ?

With or without signal boost?

I haven't heard much about this. My personal best so far is just under 2-miles with Skyreat reflectors on. I did this several times. Each time the RTH initiated after loss of remote signal but I still had perfect video.

I think my best with my XSP has been 1.3 miles out in one direction with no add-ons. Fine with me because I sure can't SEE it at that distance.

About 2.8m w/ Itelite antenna in open country (or ocean). W/o the antenna, about 1.4m... impossible to see after a mile anyway, so I only do that is wide open spaces...

Reactions: Tommy Molnar
I think my best with my XSP has been 1.3 miles out in one direction with no add-ons. Fine with me because I sure can't SEE it at that distance.
ALOT of people talk about the distance thing and how unsafe it is but to a lot of us that added PUNCH helps get thru that pile of brush trees a simple sun spot etc etc. not everyone is looking for that power just to fly out just to say they did. HONESTLY have you ever been there ? I have several times

That’s the thing. As drones get smaller, they’re hard to see 1/2 mile away. The XSP is noisy enough, that’s often how I find it. I use the distance primarily when I’m faced with a situation where it’s impossible to physically get any closer due to terrain, water, etc. In those instances, interference with people or aircraft is rarely the problem—getting the drone back if something goes wrong is. Even if you bring it down successfully—can you get to it?

Reactions: Tommy Molnar
ALOT of people talk about the distance thing and how unsafe it is but to a lot of us that added PUNCH helps get thru that pile of brush trees a simple sun spot etc etc. not everyone is looking for that power just to fly out just to say they did. HONESTLY have you ever been there ? I have several times

I'm not saying it's unsafe. Just saying that when I get out the 'max distance' I can get, I just can't see it, and listen to make sure it's still there . . . Living in Nevada, there's lots of open space with nothing in the way.

Earlier this year we were up in Montana boondocking with our trailer (that's camping in the middle of nowhere with no one around) and I used myXSP to get above the trees and find out just where the heck we were. We're not used to being surrounded by trees - ha.

Reactions: HiloHawaiian
My personal is 4.3 km or 2.67 miles with stock antennas. Yes, a lot of adrenaline at first and second attempt.

Attachments

• IMG_20181126_111723.jpg
    IMG_20181126_111723.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 20
I got out to 3.1 miles, totally stock. Still had strong signal & perfect video. Got nervous and turned for home. I had taken off from the top of a decent hill.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sky3d