Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Dissapointed with my Evo range

aed1980

Reaction score
hi to everyone, im new to the evo, come from mavic zoom, and i have to say i knew it was one step behind mavic 2 in overall quality, what im really surprised is the little range it has in a city! around 450 meters it automatically disconnects and returns home! tried 5 and smooth, i have less range! also i took it 550 meters over me and lost signal! honestly a mavic air which i use to have, had a little more range! any had this issues? alejandro from autel told me its because of the city environment. btw im in buenos aires argentina

thanks, yeah will try that! im surprised nobody complains about city range! but i guess wifi is no match for occusync! dont like dji btw!
There could be something wrong, I get miles of distance even with interference. The tech from the Evo is supposed to be similar to occusync. Good luck and keep us posted, it just could be that specific area you were in.

Also keep in mind the antenna placement is important. I like to use the antennas pointing downward this way it does not interfere with your phone.

Reactions: aed1980
There could be something wrong, I get miles of distance even with interference. The tech from the Evo is supposed to be similar to occusync. Good luck and keep us posted, it just could be that specific area you were in.

Also keep in mind the antenna placement is important. I like to use the antennas pointing downward this way it does not interfere with your phone.

cool, didnt know that pointing downward! gonna try that method! i use a note 9 which is a huge phone, but dont think that interferes with the signal

Reactions: Madhungarian
Mine doesn't get that far either, without having to start adjusting antennas. As soon as my drone gets back to me, I'm modding them with something better. Ocusync is miles ahead of whatever Autel uses.

cool, didnt know that pointing downward! gonna try that method! i use a note 9 which is a huge phone, but dont think that interferes with the signal
Yeah just make sure your facing in the direction of the Evo and that you have LOS without anything in the path of obstructing the signal.
I went 3 miles to get the dam view :) Also Lake Elsinore was 2.5 miles out, the farther you go out the more precise you have to be at pointing your controller.
]

Mine doesn't get that far either, without having to start adjusting antennas. As soon as my drone gets back to me, I'm modding them with something better. Ocusync is miles ahead of whatever Autel uses.
I was thinking about doing what Apollo did to his.

Be careful when you pull the antenna wires of off the post they are attached to. I pulled a little hard on mine and the post pulled of. I have send it in to see if Autel will fix it. Screwed up big time!! My antennas both cracked. I was getting excellent range and reception with the stock antennas.

Be careful when you pull the antenna wires of off the post they are attached to. I pulled a little hard on mine and the post pulled of. I have send it in to see if Autel will fix it. Screwed up big time!! My antennas both cracked. I was getting excellent range and reception with the stock antennas.
Why did you pull, instead of lifting the cap mechanism with a screwdriver?

I guess I misspoke when I lifted, it didn't slip off so I kept lifting and the whole thing came off.

• Wow
Reactions: Ansia
Micro soldering can fix it no problem if you know someone.
iPad Rehab can do it no problem. I have had fix cameras that have been in crashes and pulled out connectors from the boards.. Just google them. She is amazing what she can do.

Reactions: HiloHawaiian
Micro soldering can fix it no problem if you know someone.
iPad Rehab can do it no problem. I have had fix cameras that have been in crashes and pulled out connectors from the boards.. Just google them. She is amazing what she can do.
Wow, what they can do is impressive. I fixed a couple of iPads, and it was hairy going. Fantastic — Bookmarked!

thanks, yeah will try that! im surprised nobody complains about city range! but i guess wifi is no match for occusync! dont like dji btw!
If you check YouTube videos you’ll find people who have flown it more than 3.5 miles out and back again—without range extenders.

what i forgot to say in the first post, is that before disconnecting the drone signal is full bars, and then video signal is weak and disconnects, not that i start losing bars

what i forgot to say in the first post, is that before disconnecting the drone signal is full bars, and then video signal is weak and disconnects, not that i start losing bars
Video warning comes in quick. You will have good signal just a warning that is in my opinion too fast to jump in.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elio-Italy