Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Display thermal and daylight feed side-by-side?

Hey everyone,

Can anyone comment on whether or not the Evo II Dual/640T can display the live view from both the thermal and daylight cameras side by side, the way the DJI thermal options can?

Example: https://www.dronenerds.com/media/wysiwyg/app.jpg

Thanks!

No, not currently within the Explorer app. You have visual, thermal, or PIP (visual with overlay in center being thermal).

Reactions: SARty
No, not currently within the Explorer app. You have visual, thermal, or PIP (visual with overlay in center being thermal).
Thanks, I appreciate the quick answer!

Have you noticed much of a demand for this with your customers? It's an important feature, particularly for Public Safety applications.

Thanks, I appreciate the quick answer!

Have you noticed much of a demand for this with your customers? It's an important feature, particularly for Public Safety applications.

Certainly, SAR, LE, Fire all like having side by side on the DJI M2EA and with the M2ED and other FLIR sensors having MSX.

We’re not really sure why Autel hasn’t added a side by side option, but that being said we’ve gotten used to running the PIP and I’d say it sometimes has its advantages over side by side when wanting to quickly move a subject between IR and visual.

Reactions: Junior and SARty
Certainly, SAR, LE, Fire all like having side by side on the DJI M2EA and with the M2ED and other FLIR sensors having MSX.

We’re not really sure why Autel hasn’t added a side by side option, but that being said we’ve gotten used to running the PIP and I’d say it sometimes has its advantages over side by side when wanting to quickly move a subject between IR and visual.

Yes, being able to scan the feed from both sensors and rule things in/out can make searching more efficient - especially on a large monitor and/or goggles.

I haven't flown a Dual/640T and haven't read the manual yet re switching between IR/visible - when you get the chance again, I'd be curious to hear more about the PIP option. From what you described, I'm imagining maybe it can be toggled on/off quickly with an RC button?

Related question: is it possible to have the IR feed on one monitor and send the visible feed to another monitor via HDMI (using Live Deck or a Smart Controller)?

Thanks.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sky3d