Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Disconnection Problem

Sau Wing Lam

Reaction score
I had previously complained that Evo would suddenly disconnect from the RC and cannot be re-connected.

It happened to me several times, then everything was fine for several weeks and hours of flying. This weekend it happened again. So did this morning.

In both times Evo would fly home and land. This morning this happened when I was on orbit mode. Since my RC is disconnected from Evo, it continued to orbit until the battery is low enough for it to come home. I did not lose my Evo. These two incidents happened at different locations. The video function and everything else continued to work.It is just disconnected from my RC and unable to re-connect.

I notice both times the bright sun was in the sky. It appears if the sun is bright the Evo will lose connection and cannot be re-connected. Perhaps the Sun is disrupting the connection beween Evo and my RC.

Last edited:
Each time this event occurs are you flying in the same location? Or has this occurred in multiple places you have been flying?
They are two different locations. But both times the sun was brightly shinning.

I would be looking at different similar parameters like what could cause the disruption of
the signal other than just the sun like buildings, electrical towers or cellular, big hills or small mountains . There is great competition that can affect signal much more other than the sun.

Reactions: Ansia
Had the same problem.. anybody got solution?
I had an issue where the drone Autel Evo I, disconnected when returning home. there was no obstruction, maybe because I moved the antena. but it did not connected.
The drone returned home, and hovered, I tried positioning the antena up, directly to the drone, I was a few feet from it. Remte would not connect. I got the drone when It landed due to low battery on its own. When I rebooted the drone, it seemed fine.

I always thought that only I would encounter this problem, it turns out that others have also encountered it.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckster58