Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

disconnected

mukhusiah123

Reaction score
Can anybody tell me how to solve this problem on autel evo. When start the drone there is a message that appears on the screen says Disconnected. I want to connect.

Did you connect your phone with the controller and turned on both drone and controller?

Sometimes, (often), I have to unplug the cable between the controller and the device then replug it and it will then connect.

I get this message every time I fly. I just blow it off because obviously it is connected or else I would not be able to fly. I think Autel is having problems with the App or Firmware or both. It is annoying but my Evo still rips across the sky my pictures are still awesome, I just ignore.

I had trouble conecting too. Dont forget the drone can fly without the app.
My problem was the charging/data port on my phone.
I have noticed that if I push the plug in a few degrees downwards it connects every time .
If you look at the phonejack there is a small blade wich should be in the middle.
I guess mine got pushed down when I plugged in a hurry

I was getting this issue A LOT and figured it was my usb c port. I've had a dust proof case on my phone since day one, but thought I'd give cleaning out the usb port a shot.

I pulled this out!

20200606_070808.jpg

Apparently it was enough to cause the usb c not to fully seat. I've had no issues since pulling out those little plastic pieces.

What a timely topic. I just got "Device Disconnected" in the middle of a flight this morning for the first time ever. Evo was only about 25 yards away @ 75 feet. Suddenly ,"Device Disconnected" message. The video downlink on my Samsung tablet froze. It briefly reconnected, then "Device Disconnected" message appeared again. I pressed the RTH button and it flew back and landed normally. I re-did cable connections between controller to tablet, restarted all components, and tried again. Flew two full batteries without any recurrence. Maybe the tablet cable connection? I dunno ....

i have a Galaxy s9, and took a factory samsung cable, cut it down resoldered it together so its short. now i have a nice factory connection without all the extra wire, the OEM cable from AUtel disconnects on me. but it might be caused by the case on the phone interfering with the fit of the connector.

What a timely topic. I just got "Device Disconnected" in the middle of a flight this morning for the first time ever. Evo was only about 25 yards away @ 75 feet. Suddenly ,"Device Disconnected" message. The video downlink on my Samsung tablet froze. It briefly reconnected, then "Device Disconnected" message appeared again. I pressed the RTH button and it flew back and landed normally. I re-did cable connections between controller to tablet, restarted all components, and tried again. Flew two full batteries without any recurrence. Maybe the tablet cable connection? I dunno ....
Have you tried cleaning out the usb port on your phone? Mine didn't look like anything was there, but there was. I haven't received that disconnected error since!

Mine also started to disconnect in the last two weeks.
I started to unplug/reinsert the cable into the Samsung tablet.
Went and bought a new cable (longer is all they had)
and the last three flights no problem.
I guess the cable wears out. I think all the removal/inserts make the connector "Sloppy".

I have cleaned both ports and flew Monday with no recurrence of "disconnect" errors. But I was also super-careful not to bump, jostle or otherwise disturb the cable. Still I don't trust this cable itself anymore.

Alejandro @ Autel replied to me. He said the only cables for a Galaxy Tab A (Micro-USB > USB Type C)
that Autel has in stock anymore are barely 6 inches long. That's really not enough to reach out to the port at the end of the Galaxy. So, I've got a couple of factory Samsung cables on the way (3 feet) and I'll have to cut them down and re-solder per flyingfool's advice above. Or, just bundle up the slack somehow, which is sloppy, though.

Darn, I missed that one when I was looking around! I thought there was nothing in the foot-long range. Well, if I get too frustrated (or go blind) trying to do micro-soldering to shorten the 3-foot Samsung cable I'll fall back on this one. Thanks ...

i preffer the large usb to type C connector, this way you charge screen and tx at the same time thu the larger port, with the powered AUtel USB mini connector

Good point. I'll try to shorten one of these Samsung cables when I get it. Hopefully I can do it without it becoming a mess, those tiny wires, etc.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rudymuller