Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Direction to point remote

hiken

Reaction score
Good morning. What is the best way to look at the screen to make sure you are pointing the remote directly toward the drone? I have an Alientech booster and it seems to be extremely directional. I have played around with the map, and am never sure I am doing this correctly.

Hi!
If you "fold out" the little map display in the top left so that its as big as a stamp you will notice a small "target" icon.
Push on it and you have a radar-like display.
See how it changes when you turn left or right with your remote.
This can help you to point the RC towards the drojne.
As for "up-down" i find that pointing directional Antenna something like 10° up the horizon usually works best.

BTW. Parrot has done a much better job of that Radar display in the FreeFlight 6 Software, i wish Autel would change towards that...

Greetings,

Ender

P.S. check my claims when playing around with the "radar" and put it here please, as it acts strange compared to Parrot's i am not yet sure if i got it right :)

Reactions: drrags
Thank you. I did see that mode you are talking about. But it is a bit confusing. My Mavic Mini has the same sort of compass display but it directly points out the drone direction. I do not completely understand the equivalent in Autel Explorer.

Thank you. I did see that mode you are talking about. But it is a bit confusing. My Mavic Mini has the same sort of compass display but it directly points out the drone direction. I do not completely understand the equivalent in Autel Explorer.
Me neither :)

I used it as follows and i am quite sure its okay:
If i fly back the "red line" in the map view that always shows "home" direction and then turn so the arrow nose in the radar points exactly DOWN, then i am sure i am pointing towards the drone.
As i said, i have yet to do some thinking & experiments but i am sure about the above as a starting point :)

Ender

P.S. so we both agree that they should change the radar in a way more comfortable for us simple minded ;-)

Good point about the map. I will start to use that as my reference.

Your comment about the simple-minded is right on point. lol

I would settle for the words "good" and "bad" to flash on the screen depending on current conditions. Of course "bad" would need to be in red-bold. ?

I would settle for the words "good" and "bad" to flash on the screen depending on current conditions. Of course "bad" would need to be in red-bold. ?

AND some electrical shocks if you turn away too much would be in good order ;-)

But seriously they really should not expect us to think about adding / converting angles when we are trying to get a got shot :cool:

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elio-Italy