Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Did this really happen?

It will be interesting to see if it holds up and how long DJI can stall them. Autel and DJI have been doing this dance for years already.

Reactions: Lyk2fly
Other than the Mavic 2 series, all others stopped production long time ago. I don't believe this will take away from DJI's dominance over the industry. Heck, if anything, it will make these birds more desireable and people will start importing them from elsewhere.

I think anything coming from China will be hit hard especially with this Covid-19 stuff, especially the DJI company since it is based in China. Lots of Americans are losing trust with the Chinese.

I think anything coming from China will be hit hard especially with this Covid-19 stuff, especially the DJI company since it is based in China. Lots of Americans are losing trust with the Chinese.

Not sure what your point is, most drone companies are based in China including Autel.

Not sure what your point is, most drone companies are based in China including Autel.
Autel is an American company but has production in China. DJI is a Chinese company with Chinese production.

My assumption is DJI sales will eventually drop out BUT then again I may be wrong because people are buying the Mavic Air 2.

Point being, from what I am seeing is that this is a company battle about the sales of their drones or what? I may be reading all of this wrong.

Autel is an American company but has production in China. DJI is a Chinese company with Chinese production.

My assumption is DJI sales will eventually drop out BUT then again I may be wrong because people are buying the Mavic Air 2.

Point being, from what I am seeing is that this is a company battle about the sales of their drones or what? I may be reading all of this wrong.
Autel is a Chinese company with "A" base in the U.S. We've gone over this many times in the past 3 or more years hehe.

Reactions: parkgt
Autel actually has a lot in India also. More for their car diagnostics stuff but they are all over the place. Hard to catch a rabbit when they have so many holes to go down. :)

Northrop Grumman Corporation, General Atomics Technologies Corp., The Boeing Company, Textron Inc. and AeroVironment Inc. and many more

Attachments

• USDroneManufacturers.pdf
    100.2 KB · Views: 8
Reactions: parkgt
Well make a Google search for consumer drones made in the USA. You will find quite a few of them. Yes they are more expensive because you can't find a person in the USA is willing to work for pennies a day like they do in China. also you need to have a good supply chain for all the parts needed to put them together and you won't find that in the USA either.

It will be interesting to see if it holds up and how long DJI can stall them. Autel and DJI have been doing this dance for years already.
I did some work in legal services in civil forfeiture cases where there had been a ruling on patent ownership and past earnings were assessed. Usually the company in DJI's position will be required to move certain capital assets (office buildings, plants in some cases) into receivership for liquidation or hand them over in total to the plaintiff. Autel could be looking to seize production facilities in a settlement, is my guess.

Reactions: flyingfool
The reality is there will never be a truly all American drone maker. They all need a supply chain for electronic parts and that I am afraid to say comes mostly from China. There are places that make the parts but the added cost makes the final product just to expensive for the average Joe.

I fly four different UAV types in my small business activity. They come from three different companies, DJI, Yuneec and Autel. All companies are Chinese, and correct if I'm wrong, but I recall all are based in Shenzhen, southern China, which is literally only a few clicks over the notional border from Hong Kong.

I would take issue with Chinese workers getting paid only pennies a day, their salary is relative to that country's cost of living index - I have family living in China so do have some knowledge in that area.

One thing that China has, and to some extent so does India, is population scale. Take a look at almost everything manufactured in that country and its equivalent counterpart pretty much anywhere else in the world. Where most widgets produced in the US, or Europe can be produced at scale, the domestic market in those places is frequently not enough on its own, requiring overseas sales to 'up' the selling scale enough to help 'down' the production cost scale, while remaining economic and viable. To produce the sort of quantities China can for their domestic market alone is pretty much eye watering to the rest of us, and leaves sales to the rest of the world being a little bit of the cream on top, but which in some instances won't come close to matching their domestic sales figures.

The upside to those sort of production numbers is that any company, anywhere in the world who has a part to play in R&D, design, production, sales and aftermarket add-ons for a particular widget has every opportunity to be a part of that process, wherever the parent company is based. A 'Them' and 'Us' approach I suggest could end up being an "own goal", and for some then being unable to get back into the field of play; having figuratively shot themselves in the foot at the same time!

Happy and safe flying - from wherever your UAV has come from ? :cool: ?

Last edited:

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elio-Italy