Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Device isn't compatible

NovicePilot

Reaction score
Miami Florida and Bogota Colombia, my two homes!
Pilots, need your help. Tire of my small cell phone screen, I bought a new Android 8.1 tablet but when I try to install Autel Explorer from Google Play Store I received: Your device isn't compatible with this version...How come if I had it in a old phone and run smoothly and nice. What is going wrong? Thanks in advance for your help.

I have a samsung tablet e and when I downloaded the app, got the message, that it might not be compatible but it downloaded the second time,,, and works fine, might check if you have a security program on the tablet that is preventing it from downloading, I also got a message that the app might not be safe, but again, over road it, because I knew what it was, hope that helps,

Thanks...I went through the tablet settings and all seems ok. I downloaded the app to another old phone and works perfect...I tried and keeps -device isn't compatible...- otherwise Google plays direct me to download Autel Robotics Starlink...Open to keep trying all your advices...

do you have a security program on it, if so, have you shut it off, to download and install the app? if you have and it still does not work, then I have no other guesses at this time, I see others using it, also you might check the operating system on the tablet, is it updated to the latest,

do you have a security program on it, if so, have you shut it off, to download and install the app? if you have and it still does not work, then I have no other guesses at this time, I see others using it, also you might check the operating system on the tablet, is it updated to the latest,
security program like an antivirus ? It is a brand new tablet...IDK...

Pilots, need your help. Tire of my small cell phone screen, I bought a new Android 8.1 tablet but when I try to install Autel Explorer from Google Play Store I received: Your device isn't compatible with this version...How come if I had it in a old phone and run smoothly and nice. What is going wrong? Thanks in advance for your help.
@NovicePilot... Oreo 8.1 is the operating system I believe. Which tablet did you purchase?

yes ...8.1.0 Tablet DIGILAND DL1016
@NovicePilot this concerns me with the specs:
CPU DesignerARM Holdings plc
CPUCortex-A53
CPU Cores4
CPU Maximum Frequency1.3 GHz
It appears to have enough RAM at 1.5 GB. I am not familiar with the CPU although it is a 4 Core processor.
If you can return it you might be better off with a Samsung Galaxy. The Galaxy Tab 8 is 2 gigs RAM and is about $179 USD
I have used a Galaxy TabA6 7" for the past year and it works great. It was introduced in 2016 and Amazon has it new for $99.00
Search: Samsung Galaxy Tab A 7"; 8 GB Wifi Tablet (Black) SM-T280NZKAXAR on Amazon

Attachments

• DSCN6007B.jpg
    DSCN6007B.jpg
    5.9 MB · Views: 15
CPUCortex-A53
CPU Cores4
It appears to have enough RAM at 1.5 GB. I am not familiar with the CPU although it is a 4 Core processor.
If you can return it you might be better off with a Samsung Galaxy. The Galaxy Tab 8 is 2 gigs RAM and is about $179 USD
I have used a Galaxy TabA6 7" for the past year and it works great. It was introduced in 2016 and Amazon has it new for $99.00
Search: Samsung Galaxy Tab A 7"; 8 GB Wifi Tablet (Black) SM-T280NZKAXAR on Amazon
Thanks for your research. Yes, I will return it and buy the Samsung Galaxy...I have gone through all settings, followed Youtube videos and clearing G Play Data and Cache and still...No other exit: Return it. Ths so much!!

Reactions: jcommstudios
Hopefully googleplay will not screw with the the app for andriod. Rumor has it they want all developers to make their apps only for Android 7.? and above. Ths happened on the Parrot forum on the last App update. If your phone or tablet cannot upgrade to the higher Android OS then you are out of luck getting the better App.

I have 7.1.1 android system, think it is the one before your tablet, I would send tech support note, and see if they can direct you, I have not heard anyone else having a issue, but that does not mean there is not,, Sorry I could not be of more help,

Hopefully googleplay will not screw with the the app for andriod. Rumor has it they want all developers to make their apps only for Android 7.? and above. Ths happened on the Parrot forum on the last App update. If your phone or tablet cannot upgrade to the higher Android OS then you are out of luck getting the better App.
@Agustine I think I'm running 5.1with some patches and I just updated to the last release V1.0.1.19. I hope that's not the case but if so it will be time to snag a new tablet. I saw the SDK info you posted. It could be a good thing if users input is part of the development. Lots of stuff the EVO could have that it doesn't. I've certainly got a list I would like to see.

CPUCortex-A53
CPU Cores4
Thanks to all for the tips and recommendations !!! I bought Samsung Galaxy Tab 6 7"...working as expected, ZERO stress....

CPUCortex-A53
CPU Cores4
JCommstudios...Ths again. How do you affix the tablet to the RC handler? Can you share your invention?

Reactions: jcommstudios
JCommstudios...Ths again. How do you affix the tablet to the RC handler? Can you share your invention?
@NovicePilot I have a clip extender that you can purchase online or 3D print if you can. I also have the Lifthor sif tablet holder that you can purchase online. Here are a couple of links Lifthor Tablet Holder or Inexpensive Mount Extender.
The Lifthor holder is pretty cool and takes about 4 minutes to mount. The Grabber is much quicker. I picked up some velcro and mounted it to the tablet so I could add the sun shade. It is a Small Rig shade that is made for a 7" RED camera monitor so make sure you get a proper shade for the size tablet you are using.
P.S. put some velcro on the grabber and the tablet where they are flush as well to keep it solid.

Attachments

• IMG_2448.jpg
    IMG_2448.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 11
  • IMG_2449.jpg
    IMG_2449.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 11
  • IMG_2450.jpg
    IMG_2450.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 12
  • DSCN5909.JPG
    DSCN5909.JPG
    6.5 MB · Views: 13
Last edited:
I have 2 Samsung Tab As, one older and one new. Explorer doesn't work on the older one but works fine on the new one.

If that's of any help.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ScottD