Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

DaVinci Resolve trainings

Andrzej

Reaction score
There is a lot of DaVinci Resolve community tutorials available on Youtube but Blackmagicdesign provides very good trainings as well. It's worth to visit their site:

Reactions: gschulzuio
There is a lot of DaVinci Resolve community tutorials available on Youtube but Blackmagicdesign provides very good trainings as well. It's worth to visit their site:
hi there , i here davinci is the most difficult editing software to use and learn from, i have a hard time with editing, iv tried nearly every single one lol. im currently using adobe rush and so far its been a very good easy software

hi there , i here davinci is the most difficult editing software to use and learn from, i have a hard time with editing, iv tried nearly every single one lol. im currently using adobe rush and so far its been a very good easy software

I don't think DR is the most difficult. I find it a lot more intuitive than, say, Lightworks, for example. I also think it's a bit easier than Premier Pro.

The most intuitive professional-grade video-editing software I know of is Magix Video Pro X. But it's expensive. It's little sibling Magix Movie Edit Pro is much less-expensive, has a nearly-identical workflow, and is almost as powerful. Either one requires a fairly recent Intel processor with integrated graphic to do hardware encoding (except in H.265, which will use an NVidia GPU).

DR is my go-to, though. It does need fairly high-end hardware to do its best work, however.

I'm planning on learning more about Resolve to get away from Premiere.
Not to hijack that thread, but I also use HitFilm from FXHome. It's very intuitive and has kind of a hybrid approach of licensing.
They have a free version that's very capable and a paid version that includes all of the add-ins.
However, you can get the free version and then a-la-cart add-ins that you want.

I'm planning on learning more about Resolve to get away from Premiere.
Not to hijack that thread, but I also use HitFilm from FXHome. It's very intuitive and has kind of a hybrid approach of licensing.
They have a free version that's very capable and a paid version that includes all of the add-ins.
However, you can get the free version and then a-la-cart add-ins that you want.

Resolve has a free version that's perfectly usable, but lacks some of the features of the Studio version. You can play around with it to get a feel for it. There are also a bazillion tutorials on the Interwebs and a decent forum to help learn the finer points.

Blackmagic makes their money selling high-end cameras and related hardware. DR started as a color-correction tool for people who bought their products, but has evolved into a full-featured editor. It's free with many products that they sell. Otherwise, it's $300.00 for a perpetual license for two machines.

It does require decent hardware. I'm using a home-built machine with an i9-9900K, an NVidia GTX 1660, and 64GB of system RAM. I also have a dummy plug in the HDMI for the iGPU to make that available to the system, and DR uses both GPU's for rendering (as well as maxing out all the cores on the i9) in Native Mode.

It was kind of an expensive machine to build. But last night DR rendered a ~10GB 4K video in about 8 minutes; so the time saved paid off the build cost many months ago.

the free version of davinci resolve is free forever and you can upgrade to each and every new version, currently at 17. I highly recommend davinci resolve and I know some say it is difficult to learn but not only is it worth it but also there's plenty of help. like most other software, once you get going, it takes off pretty good. yes, it's challenging at first (or so I found) but if you have even a little bit of editing background or you know how to operate a computer and keyboard/mouse, you'll get the hang of it and once you get on that roll, get the basics out of the way, there's no looking back. a nice computer helps too. as I said, lots of YouTube videos, experts, and great forums and that doesn't even include blackmagic official stuff.

Buy the license to unlock a few extra features and get the speed editor for free. The speed editor is not the easiest to use but with practice and muscle memory and again, a ton of yt videos, you'll start to knock out some nice drone videos instead of simply posting an mp4 video file. I see the promo is still alive, this is what I bought: Blackmagic Design DaVinci Resolve 17 Studio with Speed Editor (Activation Card)

Reactions: GeekOnTheWing

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elio-Italy