Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Cutting Rugged Bundle Case to fit Low Noise Props

Red-V

Reaction score
If you upgraded to the new Low Noise Propellers on your Evo 2 then you probably realized it won't fit in the Rugged Bundle case with them installed. I trimmed mine with an exacto knife so they would fit.

There are only two spots that need to be cut to make it fit. They are on either side, right next to the round reliefs for the lower motors. I held my drone with the new propellers installed over the slot and used a marker to trace around the new protrusion. Then with the drone out of the way I cut along my marks. The material needs to be removed all the way down to the ledge beneath the propellers.

Now my drone fits with the new props installed and with no problem.

PXL_20201227_051234234.jpg

PXL_20201227_051217915.jpg

I also use foam wrap for fruit that my wife bought from supermarket to wrap remote control. Then I travel with back pack for local flying. Easy come and go.

Attachments

• 83035D08-8E18-4C92-A2B0-63DBEF662447.jpeg
    83035D08-8E18-4C92-A2B0-63DBEF662447.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 12
Just got my quiet props today, looks like ill be cutting the foam as well
?‍♂️

Reactions: Waldo Pepper
Just got my quiet props today, looks like ill be cutting the foam as well
?‍♂️

STOP!!!

Are you really going to cut up a $240 custom designed case because the props don't fit?

Just remove the props during storage.

Why cut the foam? Just remove the props. I have never left the props on aircraft stored in a case. During preflight you should be inspecting prop condition and security, why not do it while installing them and during post flight you check the props during removal. Store the props in a soft sunglass pouch or the bag Master Airscrew props come in.

STOP!!!

Are you really going to cut up a $240 custom designed case because the props don't fit?

Just remove the props during storage.

Why cut the foam? Just remove the props. I have never left the props on aircraft stored in a case. During preflight you should be inspecting prop condition and security, why not do it while installing them and during post flight you check the props during removal. Store the props in a soft sunglass pouch or the bag Master Airscrew props come in.
So do you take off your camera too and store it in the slot for the foam case? just install it as you do your inspections each time.

So do you take off your camera too and store it in the slot for the foam case? just install it as you do your inspections each time.

No I don't, the camera has a protective cover and the case is designed for storage with any version of sensors installed (8k, 6k and Thermal/8k). The spot cut in the case is for storage of a second sensor, I have both the 6k and the 640T thermal, so I have one installed on the aircraft and one in the case. The sensors are designed for easy removal, but not required for each use.

I did...

Quite sure I'm not alone either.

Low noise props :rolleyes:

To each his own.

I just cant see the reason to cutting up a custom case to fit $30 propellers when you can take an extra 30 seconds to remove and install them. Besides, a cut up case never adds to resale value.

you would trade $5 in resale value for 30 seconds added to every single flight?

Let's say you do 7 flights a week. Thats 2.6 hours spent putting on props (over 1 year).

Last edited:
Reactions: PingSpike

Let's say you do 7 flights a week. Thats 2.6 hours spent putting on props.

I getting older, but that is a new kind of math.

7 flights
30sec on and 30sec off = 1 min each time I take the aircraft out to fly
7 X 1 = 7 min a week

But if I get your math right 30sec on and 30sec off would really work out to 5.2 hrs. With all the time you will save I can see why you would rather cut on your case.

Yea, I have no problem with my extra 1min spent per day out flying.

Let's say you do 7 flights a week. Thats 2.6 hours spent putting on props.

The resale value I was talking about was explaining to someone buying your used Rugged Bundle package that you thought it was a good ides to hack up your custom case so the props fit.

It's your equipment, do as you please. I try to look for ways to work around problems before I begin cutting into something.

As all Evo IIs now only ship with low noise props, did GPC ever update the foam to suit?
I tried checking their site to see if I could just buy a replacement foam insert and they dont have this case or insert available as far as I can tell.

If I had the low noise props...I'd trim that foam in a skinny minute. It can be done neatly. I'd not worry about the case's resale value. While it goes in direct opposition to my OCD, my video gear cases and drone cases get some wear, scratches, etc. That's their job...to protect what's inside.

When my SC comes back, you can bet I'll be carefully finding a way to fit it inside....trimming some foam if needed.

• Love
Reactions: PingSpike

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials