Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Critical battery level setting, what is it?

xval

Reaction score
I'm not sure, is it the level which triggers auto landing? Looks like it was increased without me noticing. Almost lost my drone because auto landing kicked in. It was totally unexpected. I pointed camera down to at least land it safely, and lost connection next second. Had to move quickly unsure how big the trouble is. When I came she was hovering over the tree because safe landing feature kicked in. I steered her aside and right in my hands. Battery had 0 level, but it still holds charge and probably wasn't damaged. Lesson learned, better plan your flight to land with 5 min left on the battery.

I diligently pay attention to battery percentage and flight time left.

I think the default setting is a warning at 25%. Then RTH at 15%. Critical Landing at 5%. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

You should have been warned before Critical Landing took over.

Not sure what was going on when you say you found it hovering over a tree?

I diligently pay attention to battery percentage and flight time left.

I think the default setting is a warning at 25%. Then RTH at 15%. Critical Landing at 5%. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

You should have been warned before Critical Landing took over.

Not sure what was going on when you say you found it hovering over a tree?
Hovering above the tree top with camera pointing down. Got about 6 min of nice video.

There was warning, I canceled attempt to return home because I was already doing it at full speed.

What I noticed is that remaining time depends on the current speed. The higher the speed -> the lower the time. Probably because battery voltage goes down, so the estimated charge left. At about 3 minutes mark unstoppable autolanding starts. 3 min is about 3 km, or 2 miles at full speed. I needed just 600 meters. Obviously there was enough power. I think Autel is trying to be safe way too much in this case. It should be adjustable.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sky3d