Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Crashed my Evo today

gasquetmike

Reaction score
This was my 71st flight with my Evo. About 6 years flying and over 400 flights total for me. Only my second crash. First was a DJI Phantom 2.5 .Both along the same river..Thought i was heading to the center of the river? Not sure where the dang tree came from!
Just checked the data on the explorer app, 0 satellites connected. Can anyone say pilot error! After hitting the tree about 40 feet up and coming down through the trees (all i saw was orange falling) and landing in the brush along a cliff...it has no damage...not 1 scratch! The battery came off, had to turn it off. but other than that it flys and videos perfect....LUCKY!!!

You know the terrestrial attraction, now you know the fir attraction. Be careful, they are voracious.
Fat lucky.

wow. happy for you and your Evo is ok. I was looking at your footage. in the start, you were in deadheading for the tree then adjusted angle = camera angle but your flight path appears to still the same deadheading for the tree with a camera angle pointing away from the flight path. so it may appear to miss the trees but in fact, you are still going to connect as you move forward as you turn the drone it can appear that the drone is turning left whereas its the camera turning left but the flight path is pretty much constant. I may be wrong but that is what I see in your clip. what I do when I have objects in front of me I use the GRID overlay and set the drone position first to the grid position head-on dead center so I get a straight flight path with the right stick set to the grid then left stick for camera angle. = so although the camera image is now facing a new direction I know the flight path is good and safe.

Last edited:
Husband: Hi honey, I have some bad news. I crashed my Evo.

Wife: Awe I'm sorry to hear that. I'll make you a deal. Why don't you get one of those Evo 2 thingies you won't shut up about and I'll buy some more shoes. Deal?

Wife: Awe I'm sorry to hear that. I'll make you a deal. Why don't you get one of those Evo 2 thingies you won't shut up about and I'll buy some more shoes. Deal?
You got this all wrong.

Wife: I told you so. That drone was a waste of money and you never take care of your things. This time is my turn to get something and I want a new pair of heels.

You got this all wrong.

Wife: I told you so. That drone was a waste of money and you never take care of your things. This time is my turn to get something and I want a new pair of heels.
Lol

Wife: Honey I think our Amex was compromised. I see there was a charge for $1475.00. It's from something robotics?

Husband: Hmm that's weird I'll check it out later. BTW check out these $150 boots I bought ya.

Guys ... PLEASE!! the fact that you guys are even discussing drones with your wives shows how way off track you are. like an unbalanced gimbal. its guys like you that make it very difficult for us normal "drone husbands" to go out and buy a new drone without fear of condemnation. Don't get me wrong I am a caring husband in fact for me and my wife's 30 wedding anniversary I intend buying her a brand new evo 2. that's how I know I won't forget our wedding anniversary this year. :)

Last edited:
Super model wife: Sweety, why don't you go buy one of those Evo 2s? I just love to make you happy.

Husband: Well I sure will do that, and by the way get in the kitchen and rattle those pots and pans, I'm hungry.

Super model wife: Sweety, why don't you go buy one of those Evo 2s? I just love to make you happy.

Husband: Well I sure will do that, and by the way get in the kitchen and rattle those pots and pans, I'm hungry.
THANKS, BUTCH...thanks a lot. ......nice try.png ...For that excellent advice

Last edited:
This was my 71st flight with my Evo. About 6 years flying and over 400 flights total for me. Only my second crash. First was a DJI Phantom 2.5 .Both along the same river..Thought i was heading to the center of the river? Not sure where the dang tree came from!
Just checked the data on the explorer app, 0 satellites connected. Can anyone say pilot error! After hitting the tree about 40 feet up and coming down through the trees (all i saw was orange falling) and landing in the brush along a cliff...it has no damage...not 1 scratch! The battery came off, had to turn it off. but other than that it flys and videos perfect....LUCKY!!!

What happened with the obstacle avoidance?

It did not arrive from the front on the tree, it came sideways on a slide, the avoidance did not have time to react. He would have arrived in front of the tree, he could have stopped the Evo. This is what thinks.

Reactions: Francisco Aguilar
It did not arrive from the front on the tree, it came sideways on a slide, the avoidance did not have time to react. He would have arrived in front of the tree, he could have stopped the Evo. This is what thinks.
never thought about the avoidance system...hum?..it didnt work

Honey, dear, sweetheart.... I crashed my drone... I'm so sorry......

@@$$%^&*(**&^%##%%!! Now what are we going to do??? We can't afford that damn thing fixed! I knew this would happen, you already know how pissed I am that you got that damn thing in the first place!

• Haha
Reactions: butch
Honey, dear, sweetheart.... I crashed my drone... I'm so sorry......

@@$$%^&*(**&^%##%%!! Now what are we going to do??? We can't afford that damn thing fixed! I knew this would happen, you already know how pissed I am that you got that damn thing in the first place!
That's why I stay single.... Enjoying my freedom!

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials