Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Crashed my Evo for the first time...

Almost a whole year crash free... Here is the crash footage with an explanation of the events afterwards.
So sorry.....It does happen to most all of us. It’ll make you a better pilot in the long run. Why did you try to get the shot again? Because you thought you might do it a little better, try a different technique, the lighting got better, or..... I’ve flown the same take 6+ times, LOL, but the last ones were the best.

I’d love to start a post about flying backwards. A great cinematic effect fraught with peril....

Reactions: Rocco Germani
So sorry.....It does happen to most all of us. It’ll make you a better pilot in the long run. Why did you try to get the shot again? Because you thought you might do it a little better, try a different technique, the lighting got better, or..... I’ve flown the same take 6+ times, LOL, but the last ones were the best.

I’d love to start a post about flying backwards. A great cinematic effect fraught with peril....
Yeah usually I check my altitude and look around to see things if I'm running the risk of flying backwards. I guess I just wasn't thinking

Reactions: HiloHawaiian
Yeah usually I check my altitude and look around to see things if I'm running the risk of flying backwards. I guess I just wasn't thinking
We’ve all done it. Try flying uphill in the dark 1/2 mile away dodging saguaro catus... I didn’t know I hit it until I reviewed the video...

That sound effect you added to the crash made me jump since I had my speakers up. When you send in the drone make sure you include the controller. I would not worry too much, I would not think it should cost that much, since you have no physical damage visible. It could be a ribbon cable issue. Good luck and hope you get it back soon, it took about 2 weeks for me to have them fix my cracks that developed on the shell for the front arms.

That sound effect you added to the crash made me jump since I had my speakers up. When you send in the drone make sure you include the controller. I would not worry too much, I would not think it should cost that much, since you have no physical damage visible. It could be a ribbon cable issue. Good luck and hope you get it back soon, it took about 2 weeks for me to have them fix my cracks that developed on the shell for the front arms.
Sorry man, didn't mean to scare you with the sound design. I've been trying to make my videos more immersive with them. I'm hoping it's an easy fix and yeah I did send over the controller with the drone as well. However I'm confused about the battery. They said not to send it so I still have it, but on their website they said to never use it again after a crash.

Reactions: Madhungarian
The batteries in general do not last too long from continuous use. Remember what Ken(Originaldobo) said about his batteries? If there is no physical damage to it, I would test fly with it and have it hover in front of you for the entire capacity and monitor the cells on your screen when you get it back. Also make sure that it still locks into place and that the battery does not get more warm than usual. Good luck :)

The batteries in general do not last too long from continuous use. Remember what Ken(Originaldobo) said about his batteries? If there is no physical damage to it, I would test fly with it and have it hover in front of you for the entire capacity and monitor the cells on your screen when you get it back. Also make sure that it still locks into place and that the battery does not get more warm than usual. Good luck :)
Thanks for the advice, I will follow through on that when the drone returns ?

Almost a whole year crash free... Here is the crash footage with an explanation of the events afterwards.

That's Very unfortunate about the crash!! BUT! If you haven't sent the drone into Autel yet, would you be open to try a few things for me and see if it fixes the issue?? I repair drones on the side while I do Home Automation and Security as my main form of Business at Suggs Security Solutions. But let me know or PM me if you'd be open to trying a few things out before you send it in.

Also on a different note, The sensors all work while in normal flight, the only time none of the sensors work are during ludicrous mode and that's why it drops down in altitude when under 250ft while going 35+ MPH but the way to negate this effect is to manually turn the sensors off and just haul *** LMAO! So, with the rear sensors you are correct they are inferred and mainly made for indoor flight because what happens is they don't detect much outside of the range of 10 feet; Plus on top of all that the sun really affect the vision sensors on all portions of this beast but not just that the heat radiation + Immense Sun Light factor is what makes these inferred sensors really ineffective for outdoors flight. So once you get into an enclosed or semi-darkened area or if its a cold environment (Which I've found they excel in operation due to your heat radiation and everything else surrounding you is cold) that's when they will engage and actually work quite well... Now, also when using Dynamic Track or Smart RTH function make sure you turn on the avoidance and Backwards detection while in flight because they are disabled by default and many don't realise this at first until it makes a very close call or uncomfortable movement making you question its detection ability lol but all in all it happens and we get up and move past it but most importantly we LEARN from our MISTAKES! We are human, they happen and we learn from them, and hopefully realize them to not let it happen again! If you need any help or insight on these highly sophisticated machines just give me Ringa Ding Ding and I'll help you out in any way I can. Stay Safe, And STAY HEALTHY!!

That's Very unfortunate about the crash!! BUT! If you haven't sent the drone into Autel yet, would you be open to try a few things for me and see if it fixes the issue?? I repair drones on the side while I do Home Automation and Security as my main form of Business at Suggs Security Solutions. But let me know or PM me if you'd be open to trying a few things out before you send it in.

Also on a different note, The sensors all work while in normal flight, the only time none of the sensors work are during ludicrous mode and that's why it drops down in altitude when under 250ft while going 35+ MPH but the way to negate this effect is to manually turn the sensors off and just haul *** LMAO! So, with the rear sensors you are correct they are inferred and mainly made for indoor flight because what happens is they don't detect much outside of the range of 10 feet; Plus on top of all that the sun really affect the vision sensors on all portions of this beast but not just that the heat radiation + Immense Sun Light factor is what makes these inferred sensors really ineffective for outdoors flight. So once you get into an enclosed or semi-darkened area or if its a cold environment (Which I've found they excel in operation due to your heat radiation and everything else surrounding you is cold) that's when they will engage and actually work quite well... Now, also when using Dynamic Track or Smart RTH function make sure you turn on the avoidance and Backwards detection while in flight because they are disabled by default and many don't realise this at first until it makes a very close call or uncomfortable movement making you question its detection ability lol but all in all it happens and we get up and move past it but most importantly we LEARN from our MISTAKES! We are human, they happen and we learn from them, and hopefully realize them to not let it happen again! If you need any help or insight on these highly sophisticated machines just give me Ringa Ding Ding and I'll help you out in any way I can. Stay Safe, And STAY HEALTHY!!
The drone has been sent to Autel. I have tried multiple calibrations and pretty much every method to fix the issue. I'm not gonna mess with the drone and risk damaging it more. Thanm you for your advice.

Reactions: HiloHawaiian

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials