Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Crash :-(

CanUsaDroneFlyer

Reaction score
Today I was flying my Evo 2 Pro in Smart Orbit mode about 5 yards above a tennis court. It was orbiting very slow, at about 2.5 mph. It came up to a large metal pole, about 10" in diameter. And it crashed right into it.

It was not dark.

Are the sensors turned off in Smart Orbit mode? If so, why? If not, then how could it possibly not notice the pole?

The gimbal appears to have been damaged as result of this crash.

Sending it in for repair. :-(

Robert

Today I was flying my Evo 2 Pro in Smart Orbit mode about 5 yards above a tennis court. It was orbiting very slow, at about 2.5 mph. It came up to a large metal pole, about 10" in diameter. And it crashed right into it.

It was not dark.

Are the sensors turned off in Smart Orbit mode? If so, why? If not, then how could it possibly not notice the pole?

The gimbal appears to have been damaged as result of this crash.

Sending it in for repair. :-(

Robert
There are blind spots in the 45 degree angles of the corners of the drone. So you could have gotten unlucky and been in that blind spot. As with all special shots, should always make sure your clear. Even OA could still hit it if it sees it because a wind gust hit the drone and pushed it into the object. So better to not take that chance if you can safely avoid it.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials