Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Crash/Boom/Bang

swings16

Reaction score
Yesterday...a fine day with temps in the 50's...Bright sunshine

I am excited ...perfect weather to take Evo out for a stroll in the sky

I set myself up in a fairly large HARDTOP double size Basketball section of a park that i fly at

it was empty of people and i was happy

So excited that as i set the Evo up WITHOUT ENGAGING THE ANTENNAE (i assume that this was why i crashed)

It was flying perfectly as usual...a couple of hundred yards back and forth over the blacktop + UP,but not too high,,,wind started kicking in and it was giving my Evo a bit of a beating

I was about to pack up when i felt the urge to fly over an adjacent field...i had to fly over a couple of trees and a 20ft fence to get to the other area

Just as it is making it over the fence,i hear a crash...i look at my controller and it is ..Connecting Connecting

My heart sank...i left my stuff and walked to where i thought it had crashed...not there...a bit further...NG

Suddenly is see ORANGE...it was laying (on its legs) the BATTERY was ejected and was laying right next to the Evo

I see a gash (small..more like a Scratch) and i pick everything up and return to my base

I examine the Evo...i plug the Battery in...i p/u the controller,push down on the toggles...swallow hard and IT FLIES !!!!

Holy Jumpin Moley it is as it was..all OK....BUT,i notice (at first i saw the camera go through the start routine,swiveling around like it normally does when starting)

But it didn't stop...i kept flying and i saw on my controller the camera going up/down/sideways..Over + over and over again...non stop

I don't know if i hadn't secured the battery enough for it to have fell out of its locked position (i may not have fully secured it ?)

was it because i forgot to extend the Antennae ?

ALL questions with no answers...SO,i called THUNDERDRONES

GOOD NEWS...it seems that my ONLY problem (except for being a knuckle head,not deploying the Antennae.) is the Camera

I spoke with them by phone...he asked me ONE very important Question...he had me start my Evo + Controller and asked if there was a visible video FEED to the controller...i said YES....He then said..."because the feed is visible,you will be saved a lot of $ on the repair "

It seems that all is well except for the camera and it won't be a big $ hit on me

Thanks to all of YOU good people singing the praises of THUNDERDRONES i will be up again within a week or so

I still have my Mavic Pro...sitting and not having been used much since i got EVO...I will get reacquainted with IT and it TOO is a fine machine (i just found the Evo more my style ...the Videos are superior to the MP but it will do fine in the next week or 2 till i get Evo back

Reactions: HiloHawaiian
How much do replacement shells/arms run for the EVO?

How much do replacement shells/arms run for the EVO?

all i know is that there is a $50 charge for an estimate ... IF you have repairs done,the $50 is used towards the repairs

I have heard only good and positive things about them

I will use their services and send my Evo to them on Monday

fingers crossed

Go to their Website

Thunder Drones – Specializing In Dji Drones

Yesterday...a fine day with temps in the 50's...Bright sunshine

I am excited ...perfect weather to take Evo out for a stroll in the sky

I set myself up in a fairly large HARDTOP double size Basketball section of a park that i fly at

it was empty of people and i was happy

So excited that as i set the Evo up WITHOUT ENGAGING THE ANTENNAE (i assume that this was why i crashed)

It was flying perfectly as usual...a couple of hundred yards back and forth over the blacktop + UP,but not too high,,,wind started kicking in and it was giving my Evo a bit of a beating

I was about to pack up when i felt the urge to fly over an adjacent field...i had to fly over a couple of trees and a 20ft fence to get to the other area

Just as it is making it over the fence,i hear a crash...i look at my controller and it is ..Connecting Connecting

My heart sank...i left my stuff and walked to where i thought it had crashed...not there...a bit further...NG

Suddenly is see ORANGE...it was laying (on its legs) the BATTERY was ejected and was laying right next to the Evo

I see a gash (small..more like a Scratch) and i pick everything up and return to my base

I examine the Evo...i plug the Battery in...i p/u the controller,push down on the toggles...swallow hard and IT FLIES !!!!

Holy Jumpin Moley it is as it was..all OK....BUT,i notice (at first i saw the camera go through the start routine,swiveling around like it normally does when starting)

But it didn't stop...i kept flying and i saw on my controller the camera going up/down/sideways..Over + over and over again...non stop

I don't know if i hadn't secured the battery enough for it to have fell out of its locked position (i may not have fully secured it ?)

was it because i forgot to extend the Antennae ?

ALL questions with no answers...SO,i called THUNDERDRONES

GOOD NEWS...it seems that my ONLY problem (except for being a knuckle head,not deploying the Antennae.) is the Camera

I spoke with them by phone...he asked me ONE very important Question...he had me start my Evo + Controller and asked if there was a visible video FEED to the controller...i said YES....He then said..."because the feed is visible,you will be saved a lot of $ on the repair "

It seems that all is well except for the camera and it won't be a big $ hit on me

Thanks to all of YOU good people singing the praises of THUNDERDRONES i will be up again within a week or so

I still have my Mavic Pro...sitting and not having been used much since i got EVO...I will get reacquainted with IT and it TOO is a fine machine (i just found the Evo more my style ...the Videos are superior to the MP but it will do fine in the next week or 2 till i get Evo back
swings 16,
I crashed my new evo a few weeks back, (my stupid fault) and after retrieving my evo it had the same symptoms you discribe. The camera worked but it would never stop going through the start up motions and the camera was cock eyed.
I sent it in to Autel and they sent me an email explaining the gimbal motor was broken. Fixing it cost $100 even. It shipped and will be home Tuesday. I learned an important lesson!
Good luck
butch...........

swings 16,
I crashed my new evo a few weeks back, (my stupid fault) and after retrieving my evo it had the same symptoms you discribe. The camera worked but it would never stop going through the start up motions and the camera was cock eyed.
I sent it in to Autel and they sent me an email explaining the gimbal motor was broken. Fixing it cost $100 even. It shipped and will be home Tuesday. I learned an important lesson!
Good luck
butch...........

Whoa...THANKS

happy to hear that you got off relatively easy

I hope i have similar positive results

How did you send it to them /Postal Service..UPS ?

Did you send it back in the original packaging or did you make a package on your own ?

THANKS + best of luck with it...Martin/NYC

Well, after conversations with Autel they sent me a shipping label for Fedx ground.

I had the original box to ship it to them. They suggested that I double box the drone and NOT send the battery. I did as they asked.

butch.......

Reactions: swings16
I will do as asked like you

they seem to be reasonable people and i have heard other good comments similar to your experience

Thanks for sharing your experience with me and US...Positive all around

Thanks

Martin/NYC

I will do as asked like you

they seem to be reasonable people and i have heard other good comments similar to your experience

Thanks for sharing your experience with me and US...Positive all around

Thanks

Martin/NYC

Keep in mind I was/am dealing with Autel, not Thunderdrone.
butch.....

WHOA..WAIT

I did not know that you were dealing with AUTEL

I will give them a call...i assumed we were talking thunderdrones

after hearing your story i will call them on Monday...i have heard good things about Thunderdrones...i bet that Autel is as good or better..the PRICE seems very fair...was it free shipping back and forth /or one way ? (you mentioned a fed ex label being sent to you)

THANK YOU

You guys missed my point. You cant buy parts for these drones. If it was a mavic, it would be no problem, but you cant buy parts for an EVO. That's why I would buy a mavic.

WHOA..WAIT

I did not know that you were dealing with AUTEL

I will give them a call...i assumed we were talking thunderdrones

after hearing your story i will call them on Monday...i have heard good things about Thunderdrones...i bet that Autel is as good or better..the PRICE seems very fair...was it free shipping back and forth /or one way ? (you mentioned a fed ex label being sent to you)

THANK YOU

Yep, label sent via email and no shipping charge both ways. I did have to pay for the repairs.
butch

Yep, label sent via email and no shipping charge both ways. I did have to pay for the repairs.
butch

SHUCKS...you had to pay for the repairs ! What a Gyp !

Thank You Butch...I am going with Autel rather than Thunderdrones

The Thunder guy i spoke with was a good guy and i am sure they do fine work

I found that Autel has one of their places is in L.I. NY...a 45 minute ride for me

I will call tomorrow to find out if they do repairs at that location

IF they do,i will go there...if not i will go he mail route

Thanks for the heads up !

Much appreciated

Martin/NYC

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member