Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Couple of raw pics from survey work today.

Where is this location? How much does a house like that cost?

It's outside Columbus, OH. The house itself probably (don't know as it's not mine) is probably about 350. The land is the more expensive part. Probably 750 plus total.

I am not sure how much they would cost -- but for however much they cost -- I wouldn't be THAT close to my neighbor... lol All of those yards look like airplane runways... lol

I like the color in the last image. Is that a mud puddle or actual pond? That's some bright green algae!

Reactions: KentA
I am not sure how much they would cost -- but for however much they cost -- I wouldn't be THAT close to my neighbor... lol All of those yards look like airplane runways... lol

I like the color in the last image. Is that a mud puddle or actual pond? That's some bright green algae!

That's just standing water in an empty field. The houses aren't that close. Building to building is at least a hundred feet. House to house three hundred.

Reactions: thomasr
That's just standing water in an empty field. The houses aren't that close. Building to building is at least a hundred feet. House to house three hundred.

I like how flat the land is there -- and how straight your images are looking. The terrain here always makes it look like something is sloping -- anytime I capture images anywhere towards the east.

Forget about that house. Did you guys see the mansion next door? Only concer is, yhat it's made out of wood.

Forget about that house. Did you guys see the mansion next door? Only concer is, yhat it's made out of wood.

Yeah, that house is amazing. Garage is bigger than my house.

Reactions: Ansia
There packing it close here in CA, even in the inland empire. No space at all. This is located near Hemet CA, about 10 miles from where I live. 300-400k range. They are adding solar to the roofs since its required by law now.

View attachment 4112
There packing it close here in CA, even in the inland empire. No space at all. This is located near Hemet CA, about 10 miles from where I live. 300-400k range. They are adding solar to the roofs since its required by law now.

hahahhaha Talk about no space. How about no privacy ?

way back in the back -- there is a house -- that is potentially going to get a view... ? lol that is the second and third row up from the very back.

way back in the back -- there is a house -- that is potentially going to get a view... ? lol that is the second and third row up from the very back.

View attachment 4113
What if the owner is an exhibitionist? That is thr perfect scenario. Just hope he gets a nice telescope and doesn't use a drone.

View attachment 4113
I think that is a custom pool, Ansia could be right. Funny you say that because not to long ago about a few blocks away from my house, some home owner wanted to add a second story to his house with a nice view since his house is higher up on the hill. He never got the correct permission and the neighbors had the entire neighbor sign a protest on how it would be invading privacy and how it would lower the home vales. He was already like 3/4 way done and he had to dismantle everything by himself. Took him months. Probably lost a lot of money.

I think that is a custom pool, Ansia could be right. Funny you say that because not to long ago about a few blocks away from my house, some home owner wanted to add a second story to his house with a nice view since his house is higher up on the hill. He never got the correct permission and the neighbors had the entire neighbor sign a protest on how it would be invading privacy and how it would lower the home vales. He was already like 3/4 way done and he had to dismantle everything by himself. Took him months. Probably lost a lot of money.
To me that sounds more like envy on the neighbor's part. A well made upgrade that keeps the style and looks of the neighborhood shouldn't affect the area's value. If he built an eye sore, then that's a completely different matter.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Jagerbomb52
Well I live in a small village size town of about 500 people. Small community with a small grocery store, pharmacy, a few restaurants and a local watering hole that has buffalo heads mounted on the walls LOL
My yard measures 100x150 feet. Considered a double lot out here. Almost everyones is the same size. This gives me plenty of room from my neighbours. More grass then I need as I do not like mowing the lawn. I could not live where you can hear your neighbour fart next door. :)

• Haha
Reactions: Ansia
I live in an apartment complex that has 320 apartments. The way the building was built and the position of my apartment, I literally hear EVERYTHING! I wonder if they can also hear me, since I live in the last floor.

Reactions: UnRanged
View attachment 4112
What is the SF of those houses? Also, do houses in CA have basements?

Here (Ohio) it is standard to have at least half a basement if you live in the upper half of the state (Columbus area up) and the lower half doesn't seem to have that. I know a basement doesn't count towards SF, but I know my basement adds 1k SF of liveable space.

What is the SF of those houses? Also, do houses in CA have basements?

Here (Ohio) it is standard to have at least half a basement if you live in the upper half of the state (Columbus area up) and the lower half doesn't seem to have that. I know a basement doesn't count towards SF, but I know my basement adds 1k SF of liveable space.
If the basement is finished like the rest of the house with heating and cooling like the rest of the house it is indeed included in the SQFT.
I don't know if CA houses are like AZ houses but most AZ houses don't have basements because of the desert ground. You dig it, it fills itself back up. So they very rarely make them. I've only appraised 3 homes in 9 years in AZ that had a basement.

If the basement is finished like the rest of the house with heating and cooling like the rest of the house it is indeed included in the SQFT.
I don't know if CA houses are like AZ houses but most AZ houses don't have basements because of the desert ground. You dig it, it fills itself back up. So they very rarely make them. I've only appraised 3 homes in 9 years in AZ that had a basement.

Unless this has changed (it may well have) or it varies from state to state (once again it may), but in the two states I've lived in the bolded part above isn't true. When you list your property with a realtor the square footage is the square footage of the originally finished portions of the house or any additionally finished parts of the house that have a standard entry/exit. Example if you have a 2500 SF house and finish 750 SF of the basement, it is still listed as a 2500 SF house, but you can note that it has a partially finished basement. It doesn't become a 3250 SF house. The exceptions would be the addition of a bonus room or if you have a basement exit (think built into a hill for example).

The only thing my basement doesn't have is a bathroom. Other than that it has the same electrical/HVAC/etc. as the rest of the house.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kingraja