Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Couple of Questions

oschnippering

Reaction score
Hello,
First off, I'm not sure if this should have gone into discussion or help so perhaps a mod will move it. I bought the xstar premium yesterday and got it working today. The drone sat since 3/25/2017 and as a result the battery was dead. I managed to revive the battery and fly it and it flies like a dream. I previously owned a DJI P3s and this drone is similar and a little better. Anyway, here are my questions:

My "Flight Control" Firmware is version 1.08.42. Should I update this? It seems to work fine as is but I assume this is the same firmware from 2017. I am not saying I like to fly where I am not supposed to, but I definitely would prefer the firmware with less restrictions.

The Latency of the FPV seems to be significantly worse than what I remember from my DJI P3s. I would say that even right next to the drone, right under the drone and with the antennas set up in the perfect position, the frame rate is like 1 frame every 2 seconds, .5fps I guess. Is this normal ?

That's it for me. This looks like a great forum and I look forward to posting more.

Definately update it if it needs an update. The XSP is a way better bird with the newest firmware and software/app.
The only latency issues I had with mine was when I used an older tablet that didn't quite have enough processing power. When I upgraded to the Shield K1 it was gone.

You can't roll back the firmware but trust me with the XSP. You don't want to. You want the newest.

I just got a autel x star prim, no camera at all cant connect ,do you need the camera to fly it??

I just got a autel x star prim, no camera at all cant connect ,do you need the camera to fly it??
You can fly it without the camera. You could take the gimbal off and clean the contacts with alcohol or an eraser and see if that makes it connect. It's a common problem with the X Star Premium.

there is no damage to drone, someone just stole the camera completely, it is connected to transmitter solid greenlight

Cual es la ultima versión del firmware para XSP ????
Saludos James!

Puedes conseguir la última versión de tu XSP en el link provisto aquí. Importante que sepas, este foro es en inglés y se le pide a todos los miembros que lo utilicen.

Atentamente,

Ansia

Reactions: Tufargon
there is no damage to drone, someone just stole the camera completely, it is connected to transmitter solid greenlight

It has been my experience that you need to have the gimble installed to the drone in order for the controller and the drone to connect to one another.

Last edited:
It has been my experience that you need to have the gimble installed to the drone in order for the controller and the drone to connect to one another.
You can fly an XSP without the gimbal AND without a tablet or phone.

You can fly an XSP without the gimbal AND without a tablet or phone.

You are correct, I just did a test and it will fly, I just never risked trying to fly it when my tablet would always say " aircraft disconnected" when I had the gimble off, and when I attach the gimble the controller would give me the prompt that the aircraft was connected. I was miss understanding the prompt about the aircraft being disconnected.?

Reactions: Tufargon

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hakles