Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Controller making noise

butch

Reaction score
Couple days ago I noticed my controller started making a funny noise. I know the fan inside will turn on but now when the fan comes on it really makes a loud weird noise like the fan is loose or the bearing in the fan motor is going out. Maybe this is normal but I have not heard these rackets before. Anyone else had this happen?

butch

Doing a search for fan noise there are some posts of the fan failing. Unless your willing to change it your self you will have to send in the RC to Autel to fix.

Thanks Augistine, I forgot about the search feature.
After looking thru the other posts, I dropped Autel an email.
Hope they get back to me soon with maybe a mailing label.

It's pretty obvious Autel went on the cheap with some parts.

Thanks Augistine, I forgot about the search feature.
After looking thru the other posts, I dropped Autel an email.
Hope they get back to me soon with maybe a mailing label.

It's pretty obvious Autel went on the cheap with some parts.
Even the antennas are very cheap made and crack easily

I know I have had this conversation before about the fan and getting it repaired by Autel but being a RC hobbyist from way back when we actually fixed and built our own stuff I would just get the model number of the fan after opening the controller up and looking for a replacement. Most of these fans can be bought in lots of 10 for about $1.25 each from China. Once you have them no more waiting for a return package to get you back up in the air. Thats just me, but thats what the RC hobby used to be like. Wonder what ever happened to that ?

I know I have had this conversation before about the fan and getting it repaired by Autel but being a RC hobbyist from way back when we actually fixed and built our own stuff I would just get the model number of the fan after opening the controller up and looking for a replacement. Most of these fans can be bought in lots of 10 for about $1.25 each from China. Once you have them no more waiting for a return package to get you back up in the air. Thats just me, but thats what the RC hobby used to be like. Wonder what ever happened to that [emoji848]
I could do that without issue but do you know a guide in how to do it correctly? Don't want to mess up anything else.

Cannot be any more difficult then the antenna mod videos out there for the EVO. Probably a lot easier then that. Most of that stuff is plug and play. Even if its not it is not hard to switch plugs. Very basic stuff.

I have opened my controller before. Replacing the fan is extremely easy and can be done within 10 minutes from start to finish.
I don't want to open the controller up because it's under warranty and as I understand it any probing or messing with it would void the warranty. Not sure what else might happen in the future to Jeopardize warranty work.
Been in touch with Autel and are sending me a mailing label.

I Just got my Evo back from Autel. I had to send it in for fan replacement. They ask you to send both the UAV and the controller. Took 1 day for shipping. (I live 25 miles away) but they held it for 10 for the repair.
FYI

On a brighter note I sent Autel my controller (only) as the antenna hinges failed. It was 15 days out of warranty and they fixed it and handled the shipping absolutely free! Got it back and it was my controller, not a replacement, as it had my reference videos and images in the gallery. Kudos to Alejandro and Autel!

Reactions: Trox
That's just me, but that's what the RC hobby used to be like. Wonder what ever happened to that ?
HA! That enthusiasm for most fix-it-yourself hobbies died out about the same time as the floppy disk back when people with PCs actually knew how they worked...and how to fix them yourself! But Youtube is definitely your friend and fortunately there are still a lot of skilled folks willing to pass on their expertise through that platform.

Has anyone managed to replace the fan in the RC with an alternate, less crap fan currently being used?

Excellent video! Looks pretty easy.
It sounded like a heart monitor in a hospital. I was waiting to hear it flat line lol.

Thank you for the how to video. ? I will know next time to fix it myself. Think it would be a good idea to go forward and order a fan or two because the stock one is so ?.
Sent my controller in for a new fan, took three weeks to get it back, but it was a free repair.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hakles