Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Controller charging issues

Bobstaff

Reaction score
Website
www.lighthouseaerialimaging.com
I have the standard controller. It takes overnight to charge the thing using the Autel charger, and it never gets above 98%. I have tried 2 different chargers with the same result.
Are the batteries replaceable?
I REFUSE to send anything back to autel for repair after an issue with my live deck....another story. I will just buy a replacement if I can't fix it myself.

I would keep that one, would be even better if it stopped at 92 %.
Reason: Charging to 100 % is something your battery does not like, because for charging the "last mile", a great part of the energy is turned into heat. And heat kills batteries.
So if the controller shows normal run times, I would be quite happy about that "issue".

The last time I had the remote controller apart I glanced at the battery but didn't pay much attention as my focus was on the antenna. Thus, I did not try to disassemble or remove the battery pack covering. It had the same footprint as 2x 18650 secondary cells. If I had to guess from my few photos, they were solder tabbed and terminated into two leads but I cant say how they are connected to the circuit board, e.g. connector plug or soldered.

Attachments

• std controller.JPG
    std controller.JPG
    180.7 KB · Views: 6

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckster58