Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Connection Issue

EHPhoto

Reaction score
I am having a connection issue. At first it started with the camera not being connected though I could see images on the screen, it would not let me take photos or video, just stated the camera was connected. I had flown the drone a couple of hours before with a different battery and it initially said that the camera was not connected but then it worked fine. It was hot out and I wondered if the drone had gotten too hot. I took the drone in and after a few hours connected everything and the camera worked. The next morning I tried again to complete the job and it said that the drone was not connected. It also will not acknowledge the SD card. I have tried restarting, removing and re-inserting the card, have read what others are saying on different threads here such as the gimble and re-connecting the controller to the drone. I have not tried these two things yet but am wondering how much of an effect my phone that I have, Samsung Edge 7, could be having on this. My phone has been acting up lately and I have stalled on replacing it. Anyone ever experienced their phone affecting the drone performance?

Take the camera off. Turn it upside down and clean the tabs with some rubbing alcohol or contact cleaner. Do the same where it connects to the X-Star. If that fails try rubbing a eraser across them. This communication spot is the life line of the X-Star and has given many problems.
Sometimes just removing and clicking the camera back on will solve the problem till the next time.
Good luck

Thank you! Sorry for the delay in responding. I was out of town and the hotel wifi went out!

I forgot to mention to make sure the unit is powered off before removing the camera. Very important.

Yes, thank you! I had seen that. I haven't had a chance to do this yet but will update when I do!

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marshall@DRONE