Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

concerns prior to purchase

Sasquad

Reaction score
Just an airing, of a few concerns before I purchase an Evo 1. 1000 dollars isn't a little bit of money to me. It is a significant purchase. I am concerned about the quality of Autel. I've seen a lot of ESC failure, disconnect failure, Ludicrous mode problems and failures. All these concerns have me wondering if I should do this or not. Please give me your feedback and experiences with the evo, positive, and negative. I thank all of you for your help.

If the Evo 1 is new and comes with standard warranty I personally have found Autel to be responsive and prompt with warranty service if you need it. Once you’re out of warranty they pretty much don’t want anything to do with you anymore ... but that has been my experience with other drone makers, too.

Reactions: Sasquad
Thanks, I had the same experience with my DJI purchaces which ranged from Phantoms, to Mavic air, to Mavic pro. But I have to say the quality of DJI is Great! How is you experience with Autel's stuff?

@Sasquad I'd be concerned about dropping a thousand quid on something that's been end of life for over a year ?
Perfect answer. I cant afford the 2, and your point is well taken. Looks like I have to stick with DJI and go for the mini. I really wanted a quad that would handle the wind better than the mini. your argument is spot on.

Reactions: PingSpike
Perfect answer. I cant afford the 2, and your point is well taken. Looks like I have to stick with DJI and go for the mini. I really wanted a quad that would handle the wind better than the mini. your argument is spot on.
Go for the Mavic Air 2.

Reactions: Black Dog Drone Ops
$1000 is way to much. I'll sell you mine for $500 :). Batteries have been an issue for the Evo and now they are harder to find. The programmed flight modes don't work that great and props are in the shot way too often, although you can mitigate that a little bit. I'd go for the Mavic Air 2 unless you are surrounded by NFZ.

Been flying EVO1 for a little over a year...no problems, great camera. You can control max speed during Ludacris Mode to prevent loss in altitude. I have had a couple questions and always received a prompt, direct answer from Autel. Very stable craft, even in strong winds. Many DJI flyers are amazed at how accurately my EVO1 lands using the return to home feature, as compared to their DJI. Lots of folks are impressed with the control display clarity in sunlight and the fact you can fly with the remote only (without cell or tablet). This is great for quick launch and when traveling light (like on a bicycle or motorcycle). As yet, I have no complaints with the EVO 1.

Reactions: Buster McCray
Thanks for the answers you gave me, I bought the mavic air 2 fly more combo, What a lovely machine. I appreciate you guys, thanks

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juan.t