Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Compatibilty v1 v2

Fgurce

Reaction score
Im having issues with the v1 v2 not compatible idea they are promoting. I have worked in computers since 1979 so im.not totally ignorant if how chips function. Take cell phones for instance. They all have different chips but yet have no problems communicating with each other. I have several bluetooth devices with different chips. Yet again they communicate without issue. Why is this? Its because the transmitters/receivers do the communicating. Not the chips. So when I read the incompatibilty Im stumped. Ive discussed this with others and so Im not alone in questioning this. Our conclusion is money. Everything is about becoming a millionaire overnight. Check the price of the v2 vs what the v1 was. Big cost increase. I hope im wrong but have yet to be shown an answer that proves it. Hopefully someone with more insight will know.

Reactions: Cicero24
We also have the same questions in regards to why a "V1" cannot talk to a "V2" and essentially the answer that has been provided is that the chipsets come in pairs. One end of that set goes in the receiving unit (aircraft) and the other goes in the transmitting unit (remote). Why a transmission protocol can't be tweaked to allow for V1 to talk to V2 is beyond our knowledge and has not been clearly articulated by Autel.

Regarding your statement on pricing V1 to V2, all pricing is exactly the same. Not sure what/where you are referencing when you say "big cost increase".

Im having issues with the v1 v2 not compatible idea they are promoting. I have worked in computers since 1979 so im.not totally ignorant if how chips function. Take cell phones for instance. They all have different chips but yet have no problems communicating with each other. I have several bluetooth devices with different chips. Yet again they communicate without issue. Why is this? Its because the transmitters/receivers do the communicating. Not the chips. So when I read the incompatibilty Im stumped. Ive discussed this with others and so Im not alone in questioning this. Our conclusion is money. Everything is about becoming a millionaire overnight. Check the price of the v2 vs what the v1 was. Big cost increase. I hope im wrong but have yet to be shown an answer that proves it. Hopefully someone with more insight will know.
You should read the massive thread precipitated by the V1/V2 announcement made by Randall Warnas. It covered software b defined radio, swappable modules, etc.

Reactions: GeekOnTheWing
As too price increase, im alluding to the fact that i bought 2 rugged bundles v1 edition for 1500 each. The v2 edition through same seller listed at 2200. I bought my v1s 4 months after they were released.

Reactions: advexure
As too price increase, im alluding to the fact that i bought 2 rugged bundles v1 edition for 1500 each. The v2 edition through same seller listed at 2200. I bought my v1s 4 months after they were released.
Must have been one of the Autel promotions at that pricing. There have been a few promotions over the time the EVO II has existed. Aside from those short-term promotions that have occurred over the last 1.5 years, all pricing has remained the same from launch until now.

Has anyone thought about chipset shortages and having to change manufacturers? Also this may add a 5.8ghz reach back frequency vice the 2.4.
Talk to the techs, don't read the news.

Has anyone thought about chipset shortages and having to change manufacturers? Also this may add a 5.8ghz reach back frequency vice the 2.4.
Talk to the techs, don't read the news.
Please read the thread that had huge participation back in ~May 2021 that was precipitated by Autel's former CEO's announcement about V1/V2 etc. You'll then know the extent of this discussion and the breath of thought and discussion by the group. It's a good read that shouldn't get rehashed.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elio-Italy