Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Compass calibration issues

fallguy1975

Reaction score
Hi is any one else having problems calibrating the compass on the evo I’ve been trying a while now In different areas of my garden when checking the map it’s saying that the home is about 1/2 mile away ?? I’m right in thinking that if I leave it the way it’s set and I press the rth button it will land there sorry I’ve only just got the evo yesterday and this is the one thing I’m struggling with to set up thanks

Hi is any one else having problems calibrating the compass on the evo I’ve been trying a while now In different areas of my garden when checking the map it’s saying that the home is about 1/2 mile away ?? I’m right in thinking that if I leave it the way it’s set and I press the rth button it will land there sorry I’ve only just got the evo yesterday and this is the one thing I’m struggling with to set up thanks
I have not tried to calibrate the compass as everything seems to be working OK. I'm no expert on this stuff, but it seems if you're off on your home location that might be a GPS issue rather than the compass? How many satellites are you able to lock onto? Are you getting a warning either that you need to calibrate the compass or that you're in ATTI mode because you don't have a good enough GPS lock?

Couple of things to try....zero metal on your person (belt,watch,etc) while doing the calibration,and step 2 of the calibration, point Evo up instead of down, that's helped others,,,and if you just got it ,let it sit at least 5 mins to gather satilitites so GPS is correct...

I did as you suggested it was a problem with a setting in the maps itself there was a button selected which says something along the lines of for China only I unchecked this and it instantly found me did the gimbal configuration and pre flight checks and it flys great now I’m very impressed with this drone it’s early days but Autel are on to a winner with this drone hopefully the next few updates will iron out a few minor faults people are finding what are people’s thoughts on using the beta firmwares ??

Reactions: goferfan
I did as you suggested it was a problem with a setting in the maps itself there was a button selected which says something along the lines of for China only I unchecked this and it instantly found me did the gimbal configuration and pre flight checks and it flys great now I’m very impressed with this drone it’s early days but Autel are on to a winner with this drone hopefully the next few updates will iron out a few minor faults people are finding what are people’s thoughts on using the beta firmwares ??
Great that you found the problem!!
Could you please try to use punctuation? It would make reading your post/s a ton easier. :)

Sorry sir I wasn’t aware we were being graded on our punctuation I will try better next time.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckster58