Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Cold weather issues.

San2C

Reaction score
Anyone have a good glove recommendation for flying in cold weather? I'm thinking I'll get a pair and cut out fingerprint size/placed holes for index and middle fingers.

Anyone notice more rapid phone battery discharge in cold weather?

Anyone have a good glove recommendation for flying in cold weather? I'm thinking I'll get a pair and cut out fingerprint size/placed holes for index and middle fingers.

If you look, you can find what are sometimes called smartphone gloves. If you Google that, you'll see a lot of companies make them. Like an isotoner or other driving style would be good. The smartphone gloves have tiny metal fibers I believe on the ends of the fingers that conduct just like your fingers so you can use them on touchscreens.

Agustine has a pretty cool setup for the cold. Maybe he'll chime in.

Reactions: San2C
If you look, you can find what are sometimes called smartphone gloves. If you Google that, you'll see a lot of companies make them. Like an isotoner or other driving style would be good. The smartphone gloves have tiny metal fibers I believe on the ends of the fingers that conduct just like your fingers so you can use them on touchscreens.

I have a pair of these gloves. Problem is, I need to have bare, unfrozen fingertips on the controls.

Reactions: macoman
Why do your fingers need to be bare?

Finger-tips, not fingers, because I can't accurately pilot unless I can feel the joy sticks. I generally don't shoot satellite imaging style and get close to architecture, trees, etc., without obstacle avoidance on.

Yeah, I tried flying with gloves once and almost crashed into a bridge on takeoff. It was cold, but as you say I couldn’t feel the joysticks with the gloves. It was very strange. It was a short flight without.

Reactions: San2C
Finger-tips, not fingers, because I can't accurately pilot unless I can feel the joy sticks. I generally don't shoot satellite imaging style and get close to architecture, trees, etc., without obstacle avoidance on.
Are you wearing mittens or something?[emoji3]

I have several different gloves I've used and never had an issue feeling the sticks. I have a pair of smartphone gloves that have enough feel that I can turn pages in a book with no issue. My preference though is actually white cotton glove liners. I haven't found that style with smartphone fingers, but I stretch out the cuff on the right one so that I can basically stick my hand in my pocket and pull it back out without the glove, and then when I made whatever adjustment was needed via the touchscreen, I can slide my hand into the pocket and glove and put it back on while leaving one hand on the controls.

I've flown extremely close to buildings, around moving vehicles and equipment, etc, no issues with feel.

Are you wearing mittens or something?[emoji3]

I have several different gloves I've used and never had an issue feeling the sticks. I have a pair of smartphone gloves that have enough feel that I can turn pages in a book with no issue. My preference though is actually white cotton glove liners. I haven't found that style with smartphone fingers, but I stretch out the cuff on the right one so that I can basically stick my hand in my pocket and pull it back out without the glove, and then when I made whatever adjustment was needed via the touchscreen, I can slide my hand into the pocket and glove and put it back on while leaving one hand on the controls.

I've flown extremely close to buildings, around moving vehicles and equipment, etc, no issues with feel.

Maybe you have super sensitive finger tips, bro. I won't even attempt to fly anymore with any form of gloves covering my index and middle finger tips.

If a client wants to pay me to fly, I fly, as long as the weather allows.

I read alot about staying warm but i just got my Autel 2 6K pro up to now i have been flying DJI but sold all of them and hoping Autel is good to me any way is cold weather hard on Autel i live in michigan and its been cold here just dont want to crash on my first time out so do they handle the cold ok Thanks for any help Tom

In MI myself, flew last week at 38F. The snow messed up setting home position (I believe), I just powered down, back up with black landing pad, 28 minutes in 20mph, no problem. I don't fly with 3rd party gear so can't speak to that

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juan.t