Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Cold weather affect camera

macoman

Reaction score
I took the Evo today after month and half without any flight. I noticed that when Evo is cold in a cold weather... The camera will be tiled but after warming up for a few minutes it will be eventually fix itself. It's very weird.

Reason being is the gimbal motors have lubricant that becomes thicker in cold weather.
Interesting to know that... I have a Mavic Pro Platinum and never act like this even in the cold weather.

I was toying around with the pitch on the drone the other day. I have always used the Scroll Wheel for making pitch changes and 9 times out of 10 I have the pitch speed either too fast or too slow for that moment in time. So just for the heck of it I was shooting a sunset and wanted to see how fast the aperture and exposure settings would adjust to when looking at the ground and then straight at the sunset. The scroll wheel was so slow the camera kept up with the new sun light as it entered the frame. So I then pulled up the manual pitch setting scale and went from 90° to 0° and was amazed at how fast that camera snapped to position. Literally in the blink of an eye. What was also interesting was the camera continued to make exposure adjustments for several seconds after pointing straight at the sunset. I expected the response to be much faster.

Now that our rain will end today I'll get a chance soon to fly in the teens and 20'sF and see how that will affect all my drone components. First winter for the bird.

@macoman You said your camera was tilted for a while before it eventually fixed itself. Was that while you were flying it? So you were not able to get a straight forward shot for a few minutes?

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jstewie86