Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Cloud Bay Video

Very nice. What a stark landscape in winter. It’s hard for this warm-weather wuss to imagine flying in those conditions, lol. Blue sky, it must have chilly, but it looked calm. Do folks actually snowmobile across the big lake? Is it risky in any way?

Reactions: Ansia
About three and a half weeks ago it was open water but now the bays have 18-24 inches of ice. Is it risky?? Yup you just never know where a air pocket might be. Helps to have a fast sled and just give it. ?
Looking out towards the sun is where it would be really risky to travel. Ice ends out there someplace and then its open water from there to Duluth 400 miles south LOL

Reactions: HiloHawaiian
I am glad you were able to find the beach. I guess the grass is greener at the other side. I would love to fly there.

About three and a half weeks ago it was open water but now the bays have 18-24 inches of ice. Is it risky?? Yup you just never know where a air pocket might be. Helps to have a fast sled and just give it. ?
Looking out towards the sun is where it would be really risky to travel. Ice ends out there someplace and then its open water from there to Duluth 400 miles south LOL
Wow...... I can’t believe folks do it. Look at all the tracks! Hopefully they do it prepared, and in pairs? Life expectancy in water that cold is minutes...

When I was much younger myself and a good friend of mine took our snowmachines to a inland lake for first freeze. There was about 4-5 inches of solid blue ice that you could see through. Kind of freaked me out but we where fine till around 6 PM when the local finlanders decided to drive there 65 impala onto the ice. We left in a hurry. Never heard if they made it :)

Just to get back to that video. I redid it in DaVinci Resolve and it came out much better. A lot smoother and the color grading was much better. I used Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2018 the first time. I think my computer is to slow to use it but I am used to Adobe and Davinci is another learning curve LOL

Just to get back to that video. I redid it in DaVinci Resolve and it came out much better. A lot smoother and the color grading was much better. I used Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2018 the first time. I think my computer is to slow to use it but I am used to Adobe and Davinci is another learning curve LOL
Yea, the dreaded learning curve. Since I don’t have access to an edit suite anymore, that gigantic learning curve is useless now. I’ve tried so many, Final Cut Pro is probably the best I’ve demo’d — but it’s so pricey. iMovie 4K has gotten so good, it’s free, I keep going back to it. I think Apple uses it to wet your appetite for Final Cut. For me, for non-commercial video productions, iMovie has just enough pro tools to make it great for YouTube-type output.

I like Power Director, but I use Vegas Pro. I haven't dedicated the time for the learning curve, so my editing is sub-par. ?

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckster58