Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Cleaning camera lens Evo?

jcmarceau

Reaction score
Yesterday is was changing my nd filter on my evo camera and under the filter I could see with a bright light that they're was a small dust particle on the side of the lens not in the middle of the lens so I wonder if this could have in impact on my footage? I tried to clean it up but it seems inside the lens and not on the surface of the lens. My question is anybody have small particle dust like me inside the lens?

I believe that lens will unscrew for cleaning, it does on the x-star, it protects the actual camera lens

I believe that lens will unscrew for cleaning, it does on the x-star, it protects the actual camera lens

You have stock on the evo when you unboxing it a uv filter that is screwed to the gimbal is that what you are talking about. I did unscrew the filter to change it for a nd filter and this is when i saw that the iris of the lens have one dust particle on the side but seems on the inside behind the glass so do there is a way to clean this?

well, hard to say if there is way to open the camera, I would contact Autel, that is unlikely to be a common thing. Good news is, that it's probably not nearly in the way of your lens focus, so probably will never capture it's image. My favorite camera lens is 180mm maybe 10 year old prime lens I got off eBay for a fraction of it's worth, the ting is it looks like someone dragged the glass on the pavement, really scratched, you would never know it from the results. Lens is focusing way beyond the scratches or dust.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rudymuller