Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Cheap landing pad

Shogun182

Reaction score
Thought I’d share my landing pad with everyone. I was looking and they run anywhere from 20-50 dollars. So I went to the dollar store bought this 5 dollar welcome mat and used some colored tape and it works just as good. So for anyone on the fence maybe try this. It’s worked great for me and only have 5 bucks into it!9A1B0DFD-7405-402C-96A4-F0BF69FEC782.jpegE31BA0C0-5559-431C-8996-F4E5747420EB.jpeg

Good idea. And economical. But why not just use the “Welcome” side?
Nice, contrasty letters for the EVO to see and land on!

Reactions: Tufargon
Good idea. And economical. But why not just use the “Welcome” side?
Nice, contrasty letters for the EVO to see and land on!
And if there's an alien space ship around it will have a greeting while it lands. :)

I agree with having the welcome side up, I like the idea of the rubber mat as it carries some weight and will be steady even in heavy winds, the ones that are available retail are very light and must be secured which makes them pretty useless on hard surfaces as the prop wash is enough to blow them out of the way. Now the thing that makes the mat god also makes it bad as it adds weight to the kit, kind of one of the biggest reasons to have a Mavic or an EVO is portability, kind of goes out the window

Reactions: jafemu1
Try using a Triple (Circular) Folding 'Window Shade'. It's Compact (8" in diameter when folded) and is Silver on one side and Black on the other. KISS...

Again, the issue with those is that they are too light and if you are launching/landing from a hard surface where you cannot secure the pad it will blow away possibly endagering the craft, I have one, when on grass or sand it works great, but in the real world that is not necessarily the surface available.

Reactions: nashwarrick
Try using a Triple (Circular) Folding 'Window Shade'. It's Compact (8" in diameter when folded) and is Silver on one side and Black on the other. KISS...
Don't think I have ever seen a triple (circular) folding window shade.
We just hang a bed sheet over the window out here in the country, just to keep the critters from looking in. ?

I have some of those soft foam mats, for walking on concrete floors. They are about 2' x 2' and an inch thick. One of those makes a perfect landing pad. My wife paid 10 cents each for a dozen of them at a garage sale.
butch

Don't think I have ever seen a triple (circular) folding window shade.
We just hang a bed sheet over the window out here in the country, just to keep the critters from looking in. ?

I have some of those soft foam mats, for walking on concrete floors. They are about 2' x 2' and an inch thick. One of those makes a perfect landing pad. My wife paid 10 cents each for a dozen of them at a garage sale.
butch
The Windows shade he refers to are these.
SS-311.main.jpg

I just went with the circular H that is freely available online... blue on one side, orange on the other. Folds up for storage.

Paid $12...

butch

Attachments

• ld pad.jpg
    ld pad.jpg
    332.4 KB · Views: 15
Reactions: mixchief

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members