Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Can't Hover

rdj6107

Reaction score
i have an Xstar Premium drone. i am unable to hover. when flying, if i don't have some sort of pressure on the joystick the drone just drops out of the air. albeit i've had my drone for a few years, i only fly it during the holidays to record my holiday lighting display. thanks for any advice, other than the obvious, FLY MORE. lol.

can u elaborate? do you mean remove the joystick and put back or a type of calibration
Have a look at the Evo manual—3.2.3 Remote Control Calibration
If the Command Sticks are abnormal (For example, if the remote control falls on
the ground accidentally, or the aircraft’s flight direction does not match control
27 inputs), it is recommended to calibrate the remote control. You can calibrate your remote control according to the following steps, or by using the mobile app (Refer to the App Manual for more information).

Don’t know if that will help, but it might be worth trying.

Have a look at the Evo manual—3.2.3 Remote Control Calibration
PSSST it's a XStar.......................
The holidays are over, it is 2020 ...

i have an Xstar Premium drone. i am unable to hover. when flying, if i don't have some sort of pressure on the joystick the drone just drops out of the air. albeit i've had my drone for a few years, i only fly it during the holidays to record my holiday lighting display. thanks for any advice, other than the obvious, FLY MORE. lol.
Is the switch on your controller and app set to GPS?

Reactions: Goober
I would double(triple) check all switch settings on controller.

There is a RC calibration feature in the Starlink app - under the Settings option. (pg 51 of manual)

2. RC Calibration This function includes the calibration of the Left Command Stick, Right Command Stick and Gimbal Pitch Dial. You will only need to calibrate your remote controller when using it for the first time or after your remote controller has been replaced. The horizontal bar on the upper part of the screen represents the Pitch Control Dial, and the two crossed bars on the sides represent the left and right command sticks.

To calibrate the remote controller

I. Release the two command sticks and the Gimbal Pitch Dial to their central position and tap Start.
II. Push both command sticks and turn the Gimbal Pitch Dial to their complete range of motion. The progress bars will be in response to your calibration.
III. After each bar has been highlighted 100%, tap Finish and your remote controller calibration is completed

What was the resolution to the hover problem. I'm having the same exact issue. Rc calibrated, compass calibrated, and I'm pretty sure FW is up to date.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

What was the resolution to the hover problem. I'm having the same exact issue. Rc calibrated, compass calibrated, and I'm pretty sure FW is up to date.

Does anyone know how to fix this?
Same issue here. Holding the auto take off land button results in the drone coming about 6 inches off the ground below dropping back to the ground with the motors running at a fluctuating speed for a few seconds before dying back to a steady idle. Using the UP control lever manually rises the drone but you have to keep the power up to it or it will drop out of the sky. I have pulled apart the Starpoint Optical Flow and Sonar Unit and performed a visual to see if anything in there looks out of place but all looks fine. Do you have any thoughts on this? I am running the latest firmware as well.
Thanks in advance.

Reactions: dman
Never figured it out. I returned it to the seller and bought a new evo, problem solved.

I too am having the same problem with my XSP not hovering. I have tried recalibrating the controller several time with no luck.

Emailed Autel support and all they tell you is to send it in and will not even tell you what the possible causes and associated repair costs may be even though I am sure they have the data.

Has anyone had success resolving this issue that did not involve replacement of the motherboard at $270+? If that is the solution it looks like I will be paying it out.

I too am having the same problem with my XSP not hovering. I have tried recalibrating the controller several time with no luck.

Emailed Autel support and all they tell you is to send it in and will not even tell you what the possible causes and associated repair costs may be even though I am sure they have the data.

Has anyone had success resolving this issue that did not involve replacement of the motherboard at $270+? If that is the solution it looks like I will be paying it out.
Make sure that you are not in ATTI mode (top left switch on the remote). ATTI mode will not use gps so it will drift. If you are not in ATTI mode then you may have a gps problem.

Make sure that you are not in ATTI mode (top left switch on the remote). ATTI mode will not use gps so it will drift. If you are not in ATTI mode then you may have a gps problem.
Yes that is one of the things I checked several time. Also had 12 to 14 satellites while testing.

Have you tried recalibrating the drone (not the remote)? When mine would drift or not stay in place well that would work for me.

Yes I have calibrated the compas.
Then it sounds to me you have a hardware problem and probably should contact Autel unfortunately. The compass calibration always fixed it for me. I'd have to do it once in a while.

Then it sounds to me you have a hardware problem and probably should contact Autel unfortunately. The compass calibration always fixed it for me. I'd have to do it once in a while.
Have already done that. They just say send it in. Not sure it is worth the probable cost of the repair.

Reactions: Tufargon

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elio-Italy