Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Can't get through Cus. service phone line nor understand their phone recording ! The Email too bounced back from: [email protected].

VdoMemories

Reaction score
Greetings, its a shame we the Autel EVO2 Pro 6K customers can't rely on any help from Autel after you got payed for the Drone.

We know your service is absolutely useless but still can't call DJI when we have two Autel EVO2 Pro 6K.
The drone MiniSD card lid started coming apart weeks back, I did not bother to call knowing I'll hit a Stone Wall.

Today suddenly as I powered up the Drone on its own started circling and going up on its own and the message came up Battery Damaged,
replace it !

These batteries were suppose to last 40 minutes and only give 32 minutes and the moment the battery goes down by 30% it calls for RTH.
That's outright cheating and you owe us additional battery for each EVO 2 Pro Drone plus this one Pre-mature battery failure.
I will be expecting
Three batteries in the mail, if you have any decency and want to hold-on to your reputation ! !

**--** One thing I will say, your latest Firmware 2.725 is moving forwards in the right direction, slowly but surely !

Two Mini SD card plastic lid covers for the EVO 2 Pro 6K Drone, too
Best regards,
Ajay K. Madan
Dover, DE 19904

Attachments

• DSC_6507 Sm.jpg
    DSC_6507 Sm.jpg
    658.3 KB · Views: 17
  • DSC_6220 Sm.jpg
    DSC_6220 Sm.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 16
Last edited:
You'll never get the marketed battery time. Well maybe unless you just hover. They all lie about that.

Good Morning, The message was Emailed to Autel along with being posted here, Autel is conveniently just looking the other way and have not responded at all. The Drone needed a USB additional port to download Video and pictures directly in to your Laptop or PC, this way no need to pull out the Tiny Micro SD card ever, along with a 4 to 5 feet cable !
The mini port can't be very expensive as even my $29 Hearing Aid too had one.
No wonder Autel put out a wrong Email for Customers Service all over the Net, this way they will not be bothered by customers who paid them for their Drone, very smart.

Last edited:
Good Morning, The message was Emailed to Autel along with being posted here, Autel is conveniently just looking the other way and have not responded at all. The Drone needed a USB additional port to download Video and pictures directly in to your Laptop or PC, this way no need to pull out the Tiny Micro SD card ever, along with a 4 to 5 feet cable !
The mini port can't be very expensive as even my $29 Hearing Aid too had one.
No wonder Autel put out a wrong Email for Customers Service all over the Net, this way they will not be bothered by customers who paid them for their Drone, very smart.
The Evo2 does have a USB port on the opposite side of the card port. Am I missing something in your question?

Yes, there is a port on the other side but who would Dream its for backing off the video or pictures without taking out the micro SD card and where is the cable at least 4 to 5 feet to connect to our Laptop or PC. That port is not the usual one and very different one ! Since I had bought two EVO 2 Pro 6K I had only pulled out the second Drone from the box and left all charger and cables untouched so I just checked there is only one regular USB 2 cable and a mini on the other side, but not that different port connection on it ! Walmart has a deal for 4 cables 6 feet long for $12 and free shipping, too:

4x 6FT USB Type C Cable Fast Charging Cable USB-C Type-C 3.1 Data Sync Charger Cable Cord For Samsung Galaxy S10 S9 S9+ Galaxy S8 S8 Plus Nexus 5X 6P OnePlus 2 3 LG G5 G6 V20 HTC M10 Google Pixel XL 4x 6FT USB Type C Cable Fast Charging Cable USB-C Type-C 3.1 Data Sync Charger Cable Cord For Samsung Galaxy S10 S9 S9+ Galaxy S8 S8 Plus Nexus 5X 6P OnePlus 2 3 LG G5 G6 V20 HTC M10 Google Pixel XL - Walmart.com

Attachments

• USB port A DSC_6221.jpg
    USB port A DSC_6221.jpg
    907.3 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Yes, there is a port on the other side but who would Dream its for backing off the video or pictures without taking out the micro SD card and where is the cable at least 4 to 5 feet to connect to our Laptop or PC. That port is not the usual one and very different one ! Since I had bought two EVO 2 Pro 6K I had only pulled out the second Drone from the box and left all charger and cables untouched so I just checked there is only one regular USB 2 cable and a mini on the other side, but not that different port connection on it !
Who would dream of it? I certainly figured that much. There's an on-board memory card too...that you offload via that USB port.

It's a USB-C....very common these days in all sorts of gear. While I won't spend a dime on Amazon...here's a link to get two of those cables for $10.

https://www.amazon.com/JSAUX-Charger-Braided-compatible-Nintendo/dp/B01MFGDAC8/

I prefer to pop out the card and import from a card reader...seems faster and easier for me.

• Haha
Reactions: aebiv and PingSpike
Yes, there is a port on the other side but who would Dream its for backing off the video or pictures without taking out the micro SD card and where is the cable at least 4 to 5 feet to connect to our Laptop or PC. That port is not the usual one and very different one ! Since I had bought two EVO 2 Pro 6K I had only pulled out the second Drone from the box and left all charger and cables untouched so I just checked there is only one regular USB 2 cable and a mini on the other side, but not that different port connection on it !
Well, now you know it works. I'm pretty sure I read that in the manual, but it's possible I just plugged it in to see what would happen. I do know that Win10 eventually recognizes it and loads a driver for it when it's plugged in.

I agree that the design of the SD card could be better. My problem with it is that it's too easy to dislodge the SD card when closing the cover. If you push the center of the cover too hard, the card pops out. But I consider it a minor thing once one is aware of it.

The battery problem is more worrisome. Any problem with LiPo batteries is worrisome. They have some great properties, but they're cantankerous beasts who will turn on you.

Under normal circumstances they say " No news is good news "

The Autel does not believe in having a good reliable Customers service to help its loyal customers who invested in their product, I say the EVO 2 Pro has been getting better with firmware updates slowly but surely !

Very Shameful as Autel refuses to answer to my Email, I would suggest you all please stop buying their Overly Priced Smart controller until Autel return the Customers Service to all Autel owners with due respect, Lets not buy from them and encourage bad behavior ! !
DJI Air 2 has slow finer zoom for $800 drone yet we who payed more than double have to put up with 1X, 2X, 3X, 4X Jerkey zoom, get those drunk Engineers out of the Bar to sober them or Fire them for good !
**--** Each firmware should not change our favorite time tested settings every time we update, please !

Very Shameful as Autel refuses to answer to my Email, I would suggest you all please stop buying their Overly Priced Smart controller until Autel return the Customers Service to all Autel owners with due respect, Lets not buy from them and encourage bad behavior ! !
DJI Air 2 has slow finer zoom for $800 drone yet we who payed more than double have to put up with 1X, 2X, 3X, 4X Jerkey zoom, get those drunk Engineers out of the Bar to sober them or Fire them for good !
**--** Each firmware should not change our favorite time tested settings every time we update, please !
Wow. I can report that I have had good experiences each time with Autel Customer Support.

The zoom has never been smooth zoom on the Evo2. You merely are selecting a zoom magnification, not actually using it like a zoom on a video camera.

I'd suggest writing down your settings, etc so that when you update the firmware you can easily put the settings back. This is not uncommon with software of firmware updates.

I did buy a Smart Controller....thus far...glad I did.

Autel has failed miserably to even respond to my Email message or gotten back by phone to help ! !
Customer support word is missing in their Dictionary ! !

Could it be they only understand Chinese and not English then they are excused.

Finally called B & H Photo Video they told me call again and get a case # and we ( B & H Photo ) will take it from there on if you are not satisfied. We have been buying our Video cameras and Photo cameras from them for only 30 plus years.
Autel customers support responded with a Email.

Last edited:
Autel has failed miserably to even respond to my Email message or gotten back by phone to help ! !

Do you have a case or ticket number? We are happy to intervene and escalate your communication with Autel support. @Blade Strike is also an active member of the forum and enterprise support for Autel.

Okay, I don't what to tell you; but I really have to wonder if you called the wrong number. I'm no shill for Autel, but on the two occasions I called them they answered right away. The second time they spent several hours with me on the phone fixing the gimbal problem with the SC. The one email I sent was also answered promptly.

I don't doubt that you're frustrated, but it seems inconsistent with my experience with the company, limited as it may be.

Finally called B & H Photo Video they told me call again and get a case # and we ( B & H Photo ) will take it from there on if you are not satisfied. We have been buying our Video cameras and Photo cameras from them for only 30 plus years.
Autel customers support responded with a Email.
Spoke to them twice today, both times pickup was within a minute.

• Love
Reactions: advexure
I don’t disagree that poor customer service shouldn’t be rewarded, however,
firmware updates usually result in customized settings being rolled back to default in many technological platforms.

Reactions: VdoMemories
For what we paid $2099 for a two battery , hard case the Smart controller should have been part of that deal included.
The Autel EVO 2 Pro was not quite ready then, had plenty of flows. Thank God after so long the firmware has improved and stable now .
But still should Autel not show their goodness and appreciation to older customers with a free Smart controller and lack of customers service ! I had a new battery suddenly go bad " Broken battery "
Autel refuses to answer to my messages.
Now when I try to charge that same battery to revive it it says " Unknown battery."
**--** B & H cares for its customers and have told me if you don't get any satisfaction then call us and we will pursue your case with Autel !
Now this is service and they have leveraged as they buy in quantity.

Reactions: GeekOnTheWing

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sky3d