Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Can't get files from internal memory

AntoineFe

Reaction score
I accidentally shot my photos in the internal memory of the drone instead of the SD card. So I want to download them on my PC. I connect my PC to the drone with a USB cable.
But I can't retrieve them in the explorer of my PC. As shown below, I can se folders but nothing inside them. Yet I can see the photos on my smartphone connected to the controller.
1632322715941.png
Thanks in advance for help.

You are looking under the USB Driver Folder. You should have another folder named DCIM with any photo/video files under that.

You are looking under the USB Driver Folder. You should have another folder named DCIM with any photo/video files under that.
Thank you or your reply.
I don't have a folder DCIM. Is there any parameter that might be set on the drone to give the autorisation to access this folder ?
As a workaround, I have downloaded the JPG from the controller but I would prefer to download the RAW files which is not possible from the controller.

It's odd that you can't see the folder. RAW files might just be stored differently. Try emailing Autel Support and see what they say. Good luck, and let us know what you find out!

Reactions: AntoineFe
I accidentally shot my photos in the internal memory of the drone instead of the SD card. So I want to download them on my PC. I connect my PC to the drone with a USB cable.
But I can't retrieve them in the explorer of my PC. As shown below, I can se folders but nothing inside them. Yet I can see the photos on my smartphone connected to the controller.
View attachment 11664
The internal drive of the drone should only have what the drone setup to store the recorded flies. You may have to format that drive again and restart everything.
It should look like this: USB Drive (G:) - (or what ever the next Physical drive is)
DCIM
open folder > MISC
IDX
open folder > THM

If you don't see that then there missing and you never stored anything to the internal drive.

Reactions: AntoineFe
What type of operating system you have?
In Control Panel in Windows case you can see in Hardware the drone without "!" sign?

What type of operating system you have?
In Control Panel in Windows case you can see in Hardware the drone without "!" sign?
I'm using Windows 10 v. 21H1 all the latest updates. I use a good communications cable , one that is not for charging. Everything comes up normal with File Manager.
Sorry I don't understand what you mean by ,(In Control Panel in Windows case you can see in Hardware the drone without "!" sign?)

Windows 10 should see it as others told, like a USB drive...I have also W10.
Try to install Total Commander, free version.
Also try different cable, I have tested 3 cables that powers the drone and also support Fast Charging at Huawei P30 Pro but does not work with Autel for file communications...no idea why...I have found a tiny small cable and that worked instantly...
You don't need to format the inside memory card as it is pre-formatted....only if you need to delete everything is more easy to format it.

Run CHKDSK with Repair in that drive to see it finds a problem or call Autel, I usually have good luck with Autel Support but heard others don't.
I ran CHKDSK on mine and it worked with File Manager. Good luck.

View attachment 11664

Hello friend, were you able to solve it? exactly the same thing just happened to me 1645738693590.png

Go to Dollar Tree and get a 1 dollar cable there only that works not the $29.99 cable from Best Buy data transferring cable.

Last edited:
Hello friend, were you able to solve it? exactly the same thing just happened to me View attachment 13287
Hi J.Go,
As mentionned in my Sept,22th post, I found a workaround to retrieve the JPGs. Impossible to get the RAWs.
I have downloaded the JPG from the controller.
On May, 19th, GM Dave gave a solution (format the drive of the drone) I haven't experimented yet, but sounds good.
The problem is that all currently stored files will be deleted.
At this stage, my advice would be to retrieve the JPGs from the controller, then, for the future, try GM dave's solution.

Reactions: pumbaeo and J.go
Hi J.Go,
As mentionned in my Sept,22th post, I found a workaround to retrieve the JPGs. Impossible to get the RAWs.
I have downloaded the JPG from the controller.
On May, 19th, GM Dave gave a solution (format the drive of the drone) I haven't experimented yet, but sounds good.
The problem is that all currently stored files will be deleted.
At this stage, my advice would be to retrieve the JPGs from the controller, then, for the future, try GM dave's solution.
hello, I actually resigned myself and formatted the drone, this is the definitive solution, I lost the information so I have to fly again, thanks for everything

hello, I actually resigned myself and formatted the drone, this is the definitive solution, I lost the information so I have to fly again, thanks for everything

Actually, the definitive solution is to save files to the microSD card, rather than using internal storage at all.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sky3d