Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Cannot drop altitude while RTH...Normal? or Not?

dronographer

Reaction score
I have the latest firmware updates, and noticed on my last two flights that while the Pro is in RTH mode on it’s way back, I cannot drop altitude with the stick. This is of great concern to me as a couple areas I fly are practice areas for private pilots I usually fly at the close to 400’. When I see or hear aircraft I want to be able to lose altitude for greater airspace separation. But while in RTH mode my last two flights I could not drop altitude at all unless I cancelled RTH. My Anafi allows me to alter atititude and flight path all without cancelling the RTH.

Just wondering if this is normal for EVO’s or something changed in the firmware upgrade I performed just before my last flights.

Normal, it is programmed to return to a certain altitude, it will remain at this altitude until the vertical of the point of arrival.
The only change in course he can make during the return is to avoid an obstacle, but after that he will return to the same programmed altitude.

I have the latest firmware updates, and noticed on my last two flights that while the Pro is in RTH mode on it’s way back, I cannot drop altitude with the stick. This is of great concern to me as a couple areas I fly are practice areas for private pilots I usually fly at the close to 400’. When I see or hear aircraft I want to be able to lose altitude for greater airspace separation. But while in RTH mode my last two flights I could not drop altitude at all unless I cancelled RTH. My Anafi allows me to alter atititude and flight path all without cancelling the RTH.

Just wondering if this is normal for EVO’s or something changed in the firmware upgrade I performed just before my last flights.
You can of course pause or cancel RTH.

Reactions: charmin
my question is why are you flying that close to an airport?

Just a thought

Very few pilots practice at low altitude. ALTITUDE is always a pilots friend as it gives more time to recover from mistakes. lower altitude is usually used for flying patterns and touch and go's. Level flight and turning practice are done much higher up.

Just my thoughts

Fly safe and happy and follow the 107 rules so we all can have fun.

Reactions: Mmoguls
Go figure. I'm a FAA certified sUAS pilot and I fly for a Fire district and must take it serious. Just want to be able to continue flying. Drones are great tools and fun to fly.

Fly safe.

Use the map to your advantage. It will show you where your drone is at....instead of RTH, follow the line back to homepoint, and you can drop your altitude to safe levels all you want on the way back in. Once its "safe" hit RTH, or manual all the way back.

If it were me I would solve this problem by not using automation in this flight area.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elio-Italy