Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Can someone explain why I need to do this for EACH of my batteries? And, does DJI require this process also for their firmware updates?

The Guy In The Helmet

Reaction score
I've seen this now twice where the remote continues to show 'connecting' and 'device disconnected' while the drone is flashing yellow with the red being solid... Is this when the drone/RC are going through firmware update?

***Update*** Just turned off and on the power on battery, then the 'connecting' and 'device disconnected' went away... Now, I just have to do this for the other batteries...

Can some explain why I need to do this for each of my batteries? Does DJI require this also for their updates?

Last edited:
I have never had to do this with my DJI drones. I don't really know if there have been any updates for them.

Just finished the latest fwr update and for the batteries as well (3 total)....though wondering if the first round includes the battery that was there first. I had a very small flight inside my house with my Evo as it is still winter outside here in Canada. Now waiting for some good weather due this end of the week.

DJI batteries do work exactly the same. If there has been a battery firmware update, then the update is applied to each battery once placed on the aircraft and powered on.

I haven’t paid any attention on the EVO, but in the DJI GO app you can check the firmware version of the battery. This is helpful to make sure that the battery is on the latest firmware.

Reactions: mixchief
I thought I watched a autel video and the statement made was that you must do the full firmware update procedure for/with each of your batteries installed in the evo.

I did exacly that ....wash,rinse repeat three times as I had 3 batteries but the first time I assumed it was the firmware update plus the battery then I did it
2 additional times which the lenght was slightly less. Total 3 times and every time it showed "Update successful"

I did exacly that ....wash,rinse repeat three times as I had 3 batteries but the first time I assumed it was the firmware update plus the battery then I did it
2 additional times which the lenght was slightly less. Total 3 times and every time it showed "Update successful"
Ive always used a SD card-I don't know why- i just feel better about doing it that way. I also have 3 batts.It is tedious but for a good cause I suppose. Haven't flown since the update here in Michigan. Im anxious to see some video and see if I notice any improvement in flight control.

Reactions: thomasr
Ive always used a SD card-I don't know why- i just feel better about doing it that way. I also have 3 batts.It is tedious but for a good cause I suppose. Haven't flown since the update here in Michigan. Im anxious to see some video and see if I notice any improvement in flight control.

I did not fly for the last 4 months as it was simply too cold and I have MS which doesn't help one bit. Did you read the bit Agustine posted re: Autel lost court case with DJI

My OTA update mostly fails thinking the RC.player module did not update.

I find myself using the manual flash card method -- works flawless as advertised.

To me though, when using this method -- even to do batteries --

As I explained to Autel -- it takes about the same time each round. -- I think it is just updating my battery -- but I am not sure since I do not have insight in the process like doing it OTA and getting a confirmation for each module updated.

They claim the first update -- updates everything -- and additional updates just update the firmware in each different battery. I am hard pressed to think this "manual" update method is doing each time (checking if you need a full update or just battery).

Well the importance here is to have a successful firmware update and I tip my hat to Autel by achieving this without a hitch.
I am glad that I chose Autel initially for my drone. Even with the initial detractors when the Evo was late with its coming out
but I stuck with them as I had a very good experience with the X-Star previously.
In any case I only wish for them to be as successful and be able to push the ideas boundaries beyond what we have
now.

Reactions: ducatstrada
Well the importance here is to have a successful firmware update and I tip my hat to Autel by achieving this without a hitch.
I am glad that I chose Autel initially for my drone. Even with the initial detractors when the Evo was late with its coming out
but I stuck with them as I had a very good experience with the X-Star previously.
In any case I only wish for them to be as successful and be able to push the ideas boundaries beyond what we have
now.

In deed, Autel is successful because they continue to turn heads and attracting a lot of new pilots like myself to buy their product (e.g. Evo). Their processes have been smooth from my perspective as well.

IMHO, I am unclear as to how a battery change constitutes a follow up firmware update, so I posted the question here. :) My guess is that something in the batteries are required to be updated. And, for the sake of ease, they could 'set aside' a batch of update files for the batteries so when you plug in one that's not updated, it'll update itself on the next use.

Do we have an Autel rep here?!

LOL!!!

The firmware for the battery is all that is update, The unit will recognize that the A/C is already updated and just does the battery update, make sure you erase and re copy the bin file on to the SD card for every battery, I don't think you have to do this process with DJI, meaning the erase re copy part, but you do have to do the update for each battery, and again it will do Just the battery after the A/C has been updated. Why, because each battery has it's own brain and each being a separate entity needs to be taught the new instructions individually.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials