Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Camera tripod or Lanyard ?

Catweazle

Reaction score
Is there any benefit in mounting the controller, tablet etc on to a tripod for flying, or is a lanyard the better option?

I think that’s a personal decision. But flying tends to have a mobility aspect that to me would be too restrictI’ve for a tripod. Plus I don’t relish the idea of carrying the extra equipment. I tend to carry my drone in a backpack. As I do more commercial work all of this might change.

Reactions: parkgt
Using a tripod offers advantages for certain types of flights. For example if flying in one direction for longer distance. I find the signal to be better if antennas are at a consistent correct angle and direction of the drone and it's not moving around like it does when your holding it. Also have tablet holder and rigged a way to hold throttle on remote. I don't use this set up most of the time, as I don't normally do straight distance runs. My thing now is using FXT Viper 2.0 fpv goggles using phone inside it (works great).received_621292611974438.jpeg

Attachments

• received_452131892123070.jpeg
    received_452131892123070.jpeg
    493.9 KB · Views: 14
I think that’s a personal decision. But flying tends to have a mobility aspect that to me would be too restrictI’ve for a tripod. Plus I don’t relish the idea of carrying the extra equipment. I tend to carry my drone in a backpack. As I do more commercial work all of this might change.

I fly as a 107 and can't imagine a scenario where a tripod would help. I often have to move to maintain VLOS doing RE work.

Reactions: Black Dog Drone Ops
Definitely a personal preference, but for an RC as small as the EVO's (unless say you're running a 12.9" iPad Pro on it), a lanyard is a better route. We like the tripod or belt route with bigger and heavier RCs but I'd say it's cumbersome for a small RC.

Reactions: EVO 2 8k and Ansia
I just tried using my tripod for my construction lasers. Bosch BT150. I have a tripltek setup and it is quite comfortable. Not sure how long this will last though, trial and error I guess.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sky3d