Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Camera Replace

ducatinat

Reaction score
Hi,

Is it possible to fit the FLIR Camera from the EVO 2 Thermal aircraft onto a EVO 2 Pro 6k aircraft?

I have the chance to buy a FLIR camera from a battery fire-damaged drone. Camera works fine.

cheers

I have succesfully replaced the 640T gimbal with the 6k and vice versa a few times. But I don't know if there is any particularity regarding the FLIR gimbal.

The answer is a definitive maybe. Also, be aware that right now the entire 640T Dual camera Enterprise bundle‐- including a V2 Smart Controller, V2 Enterprise, batteries, case etc is under $5K from B&H Photo on closeout ahead of the Dec 16, 2022 manufacturer's deadline for Remote ID compliance. Note that the V3 with RID is NOT compatible with earlier cameras. (So don't overpay for that thermal camera if you could buy new for similar money)

I think they've changed the website now to reflect the new V3's, but back when the Evo II V2 was the big deal, it was at least strongly implied that the cameras were interchangeable. I don't remember the exact verbiage, but it was something along the lines of: "ONE DRONE. THREE CAMERAS. The only difference between the Evo II 8K, Evo II Pro, and Evo II Dual is the camera installed at the factory." I don't remember if there was anything directly about swapping them out afterwards. I have seen where people have swapped the 8k and 6k cameras, though- it's apparently quite simple.

From a manufacturing standpoint, the Evo II Dual (non-Enterprise) version has absolutely got to be the lowest seller. I'd expect that the vast majority of customers that want thermal are just getting the Enterprise version. I can't imagine they'd make a completely unique non-E model just for the lowest seller.

Right now, though, it's cheaper to just buy a complete Evo II Dual V2 than it is to buy the camera on its own.

I have succesfully replaced the 640T gimbal with the 6k and vice versa a few times. But I don't know if there is any particularity regarding the FLIR gimbal.
did u do this?? I am wondering if the thermal camera worked fine on the version that did not start that way. I am trying to get a replacement cable is why I ask

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rudymuller