Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Camera disconnect after firmware upgrade

Scubadoc

Reaction score
I ran the beta versions of the latest f/w without issue. Just downloaded and installed release version, updated IOS Starlink app. Running on iPad Pro or iPhone 7+ with latest iOS version.
Drone and rc connect, I have video link and lcd shows everything working. Starlink is not recognizing the camera, the sd card, or the rc. There is an error message saying rc disconnected. I have tried all the usual solutions without success. Has anyone else had this issue or have a solution? Aurelia customer service contacted and they are stumped, ended up saying to send it back in.

I ran the beta versions of the latest f/w without issue. Just downloaded and installed release version, updated IOS Starlink app. Running on iPad Pro or iPhone 7+ with latest iOS version.
Drone and rc connect, I have video link and lcd shows everything working. Starlink is not recognizing the camera, the sd card, or the rc. There is an error message saying rc disconnected. I have tried all the usual solutions without success. Has anyone else had this issue or have a solution? Aurelia customer service contacted and they are stumped, ended up saying to send it back in.

Have you tried deleting Starlink app on your device, DFU then reinstall the app? I would think CS already made that suggestion but sometimes it’s hard to see the forest for all the trees in the way.
Maybe try installing the fw again. Good Luck!

Have you tried deleting Starlink app on your device, DFU then reinstall the app? I would think CS already made that suggestion but sometimes it’s hard to see the forest for all the trees in the way. Good Luck!
Yes, I’ve done the following: reformat sd card and reinstall .bin file. Deleted and reinstalled Starlink, tried a different cable between rc and tablet. Switched to iPhone and backup iPad. No difference. The iOS version I am running is a new beta version of 11.2 I expect that there is a compatibility issue been the IOS and Starlink.

Turn the power off on the X-star. Remove your camera and clean the pins with a contact cleaner. This happened to me after installing the final firmware. I did fix it temporary by cleaning the contacts with a pencil eraser but it was short lived. Once cleaned with contact cleaner it has work ever since. I used this but there are others that will work just as good.
Just make sure the power is off, better yet take the battery out.

20171102_103308.jpg

Turn the power off on the X-star. Remove your camera and clean the pins with a contact cleaner. This happened to me after installing the final firmware. I did fix it temporary by cleaning the contacts with a pencil eraser but it was short lived. Once cleaned with contact cleaner it has work ever since. I used this but there are others that will work just as good.
Just make sure the power is off, better yet take the battery out.

View attachment 1535
I have cleaned contacts with alcohol. Should do the samething. Everything worked until I upgraded my tablet and phone to latest iOS version and downloaded the last public firmware version. . My wife has an iphone with an older ios version. When she gets home, I'll upload Starlink to her phone and try that. Thank for your suggestion. Autel, bless their CS, is sending me an RMA and shipping label.

Well hopefully it is just the ISo 11 and the App. I know people where having problems with the App but uninstalling it and clearing the cache should have solved your problem.
Good luck

Well hopefully it is just the ISo 11 and the App. I know people where having problems with the App but uninstalling it and clearing the cache should have solved your problem.
Good luck
I downloaded Starlink to my wife's iphone 7+ running a non beta version of iOS 11.2, and it worked flawlessly. This is on Apple, but I notified Autel as well.

Reactions: Jagerbomb52
Prior to the “new firmware” I was able to fly with my iPhone or a Samsung tablet. Both would immediately connect, no problems.

Downloaded the “new firmware” and everything changed. Now my iPhone will connect the app but it is VERY slow to connect. The Samsung tablet will not connect at all.

Tried “uninstalling” app’s on both iPhone and tablet, no change. Removed firmware and re-installed, no change.

When the iPhone eventually connects, I noticed the “auto-land” is a very hard landing. X-Star flipped over both times on auto-land. I heard the UAV should go to 3ft. on auto takeoff, only goes to about 18” and is VERY unstable.

I think there is a significant issue going on but I have no clue how to correct this problem.

HELP!?!?

I am having the same issue. I have contacted Autel. I sent my drone in they claimed that it was a bad gimbal board. They claimed to have “replaced” it. I received it today and low and behold the issue was still there. I called back in and talked to CS rep Darik who seemed to think that the only thing that it could be was the SD card.

After repeatedly telling him it wasn’t he said he couldn’t do anything else till I tried a different SD card. I got one put it and and still the issue. Waiting on a call back now.

Just glad to see I’m not the only one.

For reference I’m on the latest firmware, iOS 11 and iPhone 7+

Update:

I tried this with my iPad Mini which is on iOS 10 and there was no issue whatsoever. So the problem appears to be between iOS 11.2 and the Starlink app.

Update:

I tried this with my iPad Mini which is on iOS 10 and there was no issue whatsoever. So the problem appears to be between iOS 11.2 and the Starlink app.

Starlink App was only updated to a short time ago to work with the iOS just before 11.2
Lots of people complaining. I'm not a Apple user but I heard you can roll back your iOS if you want.

I'm having problems now that I have upgraded to iOS 11.2 also. My iPad and iPhone both worked fine when running iOS 11.1.2. But after upgrade to 11.2 I cant access the camera or calibrate the compass or the RC in the Starlink app. I tried using an old android tablet I have laying around, and it works fine on that tablet.

You still should have the option to to back on your iOS from what I have been told. I think Apple has a time frame before they lock the iOS in just in case there are problems with it. The problem is not with the iOS but Autel not updating the Starlink App

On my iPad I tried. I've done it twice now but as it goes to restore my backup it wants to put 11.2 back on and I have no choice but to allow it.

Am I doing something wrong?

It’s not that bad. LOL. It will get sorted out. Until then I’ll just use my old tablet. Knew I kept it for something.

Reactions: Jagerbomb52
Well the weekend is over now. I have to wonder how many folks upgraded their iOS and now have this problem? I asked they not close my ticket until either the iOS or Starlink is patched to fix it. Using my android tablet is only a work around. Not a solution. LOL.

Last edited:
Well the weekend is over now. I have to wonder how many folks upgraded their iOS and now have this problem? I asked they not close my ticket until either the iOS or Starlink is patched to fix it. Using my android tablet is only a work around. Not a solution. LOL.
Were you able to downgrade your iOS to 11.1

Starlink has to be updated to follow apples release of their iOS. The problem is anytime the iOS gets updated and Autel updates the Starlink App it has to get approved by Apple and that usually takes a week to 2 weeks. Just more Apple B.S and the reason I went to Android.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rudymuller