Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Camera burst mode

• Thread starter Deleted member 9417
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 9417

Does anyone know what the frame rate is for the 3 or 5 burst still camera mode on the Autel EVO Pro II 6K? For example, my full frame ground cameras shoot at 15 frames per second on high speed, 6 frames per second on low speed. It is a new machine to me, so still learning, but the first couple of times I shot on 5 burst mode of a moving train, I saw virtually no difference in the individual images, which leads me to believe that the frame rate is maybe 60 FPS. I haven't had a chance to try a moving object on single shot mode.

Does anyone know what the frame rate is for the 3 or 5 burst still camera mode on the Autel EVO Pro II 6K? For example, my full frame ground cameras shoot at 15 frames per second on high speed, 6 frames per second on low speed. It is a new machine to me, so still learning, but the first couple of times I shot on 5 burst mode of a moving train, I saw virtually no difference in the individual images, which leads me to believe that the frame rate is maybe 60 FPS. I haven't had a chance to try a moving object on single shot mode.

The actual camera documentation is terrible for the EVO, so many details are left out and this is probably another one that's simply not documented. This thread may help you get up to speed from a photographer/videographer standpoint on my findings to date. As far as the burst mode, there's no way it is 60FPS, even the 1DX series can only do 30FPS and only until the buffer fills up. I would guess its not more than 10-12FPS and even then only due to such a small sensor.

Drones, due to the nature of their platform aren't intended to attempt to catch peak action during sporting events, BIF, or any of the usual reasons you would need high sensor readout speeds; so I have no reason to believe their burst speeds are anywhere near comparable to the cameras that are designed for that; not to mention the buffer fills up very quickly. An easy way to measure the burst speed is to simply take a burst of images then look at the timestamps in each image; if the timestamp goes to 1/100 or 1/1000th of a second you can figure out the burst speed from there.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckster58