Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Boing Boing

swings16

Reaction score
Took Evo out for a blast in beautiful weather here in NYC

the Park i was flying at was JAMMED...multiple BB games..Soccer..Moms + Dads and their kids all out on this very fine day yesterday

I'm doin the loop de loops...soaring high to where it was almost invisible then DOWN at an angle...Huge space...a fine sight...Up so high i was able to see the Empire State Building (10 ?) mils away

i didn't know that i was running out of gas...i was caught up in the moment..

THEN...i have in 40/50 ft away...6 feet off the ground...and it starts with the Boing Boing...it was idling...just hanging in the air

It suddenly starts UP..Quick...i see it and i am..What the ?...i walk over (it is at my height) and i keep pulling DOWN on the controller....it keeps going UP

Up/Down..1 minute...i am freaking out a bit...THEN..i notice it went into RTH mode (i noticed it on the controller screen)

Ahhhhhh

I stop trying to keep it down and it zooms up..WAY up...and goes into the RTH thing...landed exactly where we started

A sudden RUSH...and then...Ahhhhh...rth kicked in because the battery power was down to 13 % (i am ASSUMING that was why it jerked up and down like i described)...Sound true ? Thanks ALL..Martin/NYC

First off, where are the photos/videos of said soccer moms?

Second, I'm not sure about the boing boing part, I do know someone in these forums had the same problem. Did you take off with less than full battery?

RTH worked how it suppose to when in low battery. No problems there.

Reactions: swings16
First off, where are the photos/videos of said soccer moms?

Second, I'm not sure about the boing boing part, I do know someone in these forums had the same problem. Did you take off with less than full battery?

RTH worked how it suppose to when in low battery. No problems there.

Soccer or strolling MOMS are peripheral to mine EYE BALLS when with My dear Maureen

and YES...i lost track of the time when flying with a FULL battery...many heavenly sights..right here on Momma Earth

I learned a couple of lessons ..as Ralph Kramden said so long ago...Keep your eye on the Ball...NOT on the Bambinas and FLYING is good clean fun ESPECIALLY on my my SanDisk card

• Haha
Reactions: Ansia
Soccer or strolling MOMS are peripheral to mine EYE BALLS when with My dear Maureen

and YES...i lost track of the time when flying with a FULL battery...many heavenly sights..right here on Momma Earth

I learned a couple of lessons ..as Ralph Kramden said so long ago...Keep your eye on the Ball...NOT on the Bambinas and FLYING is good clean fun ESPECIALLY on my my SanDisk card
You forgot to add Jogging Moms. Those are my favorite. at 150' you can take some great photos of what mommy earth has to offer and with the zoom function, there are other mommies that can be photographed as well! ?

You forgot to add Jogging Moms. Those are my favorite. at 150' you can take some great photos of what mommy earth has to offer and with the zoom function, there are other mommies that can be photographed as well! ?

Naughty Boy...I'm with you brother !

• Haha
Reactions: Ansia
Naughty Boy...I'm with you brother !
The EVO doesn't have the pause function?

I was completely distracted when this happened...i was focusing on it not going bye bye...once i saw the notice on the controller (RTH having kicked in) i could breathe and relax as it did its thing automatically...Would the PAUSE function have cancelled the RTH when hit ?...Gentlemen ????
Thanks all for an answer...Martin

I'm not 100% sure, but I think RTH superceeds everything the controller tells the drone to do, to prevent a crash.

Reactions: swings16
On my XSP, you can press/hold the pause button, or click the cancel RTH on your tablet screen.

click the RTH on your TABLET screen...?

and on the EVO controller ?

click the RTH on your TABLET screen...?

and on the EVO controller ?
No, I ment you can do ether or. Like pressings/holding the pause button on remote should cancel RTH, and make the aircraft stop right where it's at.

I'm not 100% sure, but I think RTH superceeds everything the controller tells the drone to do, to prevent a crash.
I beleive you can turn off RTH and take control manually !It is only when batt is seriously depleted that it will stop and land where it happens to be !

On the P4, I believe you can push the left stick up to get it out of auto landing with critical low batt. I dont know if that would work on an Autel or not. It would be nice to know thow. My XSP landed on top of a tree last year after a battery drop.

I beleive you can turn off RTH and take control manually !It is only when batt is seriously depleted that it will stop and land where it happens to be !
I did not know that. On DJI, calculates the battery needed to rth. In this case let's say it takes 10% to get home. At 25% it will start it's first rth which you can cancel, but at 15% it will rth even if you don't want it. You can watch the trip back, but does not respond to directional input.

On the P4, I believe you can push the left stick up to get it out of auto landing with critical low batt. I dont know if that would work on an Autel or not. It would be nice to know thow. My XSP landed on top of a tree last year after a battery drop.
That also works on the XSP.

Once again i have learned much from all you good people...i have learned from my errors and from the experience from others here that share their time + knowledge..I thank you ALL for your $.02...it is gold for me learning from the experience of others..Like Y'all...Thank You..Grateful...Martin/NYC

Reactions: Tufargon
Yes, holding the left stick up will keep it from landing to a certain battery level. After then, it lands anyway.
Yeah. first warning you can stop it that way and second warning it's going down no matter what you do or try.

I am assuming that the EVO always flies with inherent CAUTION in mind

When my Boing Boing thing happened i still had 13/14 % of power left

Having that amount of battery power,i could have flown for a few minutes at the very least

I guess they don't know if you are a mile away (or in my case) 30 FEET away from HOME

The EVO errs on the side of Caution and LIFE of the machine which i think is a very good thing

IF i was flying very far away from home base and lost sense of time,it could be a life saver...LITERALLY...as i am almost always flying in NYC where people are...EVERYWHERE,and with this built in feature there will be less probability of some innocent being CROWNED,or more worser ! Ha !

Once again...Thanks ALL

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials