Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Black Mountain, Cave Creek, Arizona

HiloHawaiian

Reaction score
I'm finally getting time to edit video. This was taken in January in very cold weather -- you can see snow on some mountains. Black Mountain dominates the Cave Creek & Carefree area north of Phoenix. It's an odd combination of smooth western slopes full of Saguaro Cactus, colliding with a box of rocks on the rugged eastern half. It's a gated community with luxurious homes carved into the hillside. They have incredible views and very long driveways!

Wow! Haven't been that impressed with a drone video in a long time!
Excellent work, sir!

The opening scene of the "cactus slalom" had me hooked. :D
Thanks much! Full disclosure, my early attempts at the “slalom” weren’t pretty. It’s harder than it looks. Low-light, uphill, and 1/4 mile away. :(

Last edited:
That was even better to watch LOL loved the recovery ?
LOL. My 1st attempt. No sweat, what could go wrong? By the time I realized it was too dark, too far away, I RTH. I didn’t know I hit anything until I got home, b/c I was looking at the sky right then. It recovered all by itself. It looks like the only the gimbal struck?? Dunno

Hi Hilo,
Love Cave Creek & Carefree but too expensive to live there. Beautiful country... but then again it is in Arizona where the scenery is all beautiful. Used to live in Phoenix, then Wickenburg, then Tucson, now I live in Prescott, can't wait to move back into the Sonoran Desert. Great video - made me homesick!

Reactions: HiloHawaiian
Thanks much! You’re right, it’s a beautiful area, much more than I thought it would be compared to Hawaii. You’re in a beautiful area too!
We found an incredible house in North Scottsdale very near Carefree by sheer luck. We looked for weeks using Realtor.com App. Houses we could afford were not nice, or way out in coyote land. Last day at lunch, I refreshed our top 20 list of homes on my iPhone. Listed by price, the 20th (most expensive) was now listed at #1. I did a double take. Refreshed again. It dropped $120K in a day, making it affordable. Called agent, visited the house, made an offer on the spot for $30K less, after Agent found out it was a court-ordered sale. They accepted offer immediately, and agreed to fix all inspection-related issues. End of cul de sac, views, Lone Mountain across the street. Big lots, no close neighbors, critters everywhere. It needed new floors, and paint. Lots of work, but nothing I couldn’t do over time. 80% done. We still pinch ourselves...

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckster58