Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Big increase in NOTAM TFR

Autelguy

Reaction score
Is it just me or has there been a big spike in TFRs (Temporary Flight Restrictions) recently? Take a look at the numbers from Feb. 2019 alone compared to 2018.

I wanted to go fly and noticed a big purple circle on my UAV Forecast App. I know I can turn that option off but after reading about TFRs, it makes me want to obey. I had no idea what a TFR was until today and after researching. The last thing I or anyone needs, is a knock on the door from the FAA if in fact they apply to pumpkins in the sky - and I'm not referring to Trump as he heads out to meet his buddy from NK.

The TFR I'm referring to is out by Beale AFB in Northern, CA. Probably some new spy plane we're testing. I have noticed a higher than normal activity of U-2 planes in the last couple days. The TFR was due to expire on 2/24 but has been extended to 3/3/2019.

Do you guys ignore TFRs if you're going to be flying under 300ft? Perhaps a few of you Part 107 flyboys can provide some clarity and guidance.

Lastly, and out of "neener neener" curiosity...does the DJI Go 4 app prevent you from taking off from within a TFR?

Last edited:
After posting above, I ran into this...

Damn!!! That's not good. Apparently I was right about TFRs. I guess the FAA means business.

What they don't show is the voice mail to his wife after he landed. It probably went something like.."Hi honey, hey listen, I landed but I think I'm going to be a little late".

Reactions: Spappy
Take TFRs very serious. I wasn't able to watch the video, but I've read some interesting stories.

I can see it now, USAF sending an F22 raptor after your Autel Evo for flying it in a park - that would be so rad! :D

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rudymuller