Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Better EVO gimbal lock?

droneprollc

Reaction score
Does anyone know of a source for a gimbal lock for the EVO that is easier to attach than the original? I am struggling with the factory protector when trying to secure it in place. There must be a better solution.

LOL, too funny. Autel did the same thing with the XSP. Really hard to put-on, but secure. A bunch of easier aftermarket ones showed-up, then after many months, Autel marketed an easier one...

Frankly getting the hang of this guard is not that bad, get one side in move the protector generally more forward than you'd think and attaching the other side, doesn't seem to matter which. I don't mind the (not that much of a) hassle as the guard truly protects.

Reactions: jmbsmt63
Does anyone know of a source for a gimbal lock for the EVO that is easier to attach than the original? I am struggling with the factory protector when trying to secure it in place. There must be a better solution.
Given the delicacy of the gimbal mechanism, I haven't yet been able to attach the guard without it falling off within seconds. Maybe I'm treating it too gently.

FWIW, my Autel guru tells me he finds it easiest to hold the drone upside down while attaching the guard, clicking the left side in first.

YOUR FRIEND IS ABSOLUTELY RIGHT, upside down the camera naturally places itself where the lock falls into place, the trick I've found for me anyway, is to think more forward than my mind originally gravitated to, meaning I instinctively would push the lock backwardsand it would only grip on one side, now I bring it forward as I'm latching. I don't know for sure if it makes a difference which side latches first.

Reactions: jmbsmt63
I agree completely...attaching while the drone is upside down is much easier!
And, as above, I would rather take a second to have a secure fit as opposed to not having such a nice, secure fit.
Once I discovered the upside down thing...It is a no-brainer now!

Reactions: mixchief
I agree completely...attaching while the drone is upside down is much easier!
And, as above, I would rather take a second to have a secure fit as opposed to not having such a nice, secure fit.
Once I discovered the upside down thing...It is a no-brainer now!
Also, don't even try to do it with the arms folded

I put my cover on the ground and land the EVO in it... Just kidding. I hold it upside down too. It is a little tricky but it's solid. I bought an extra cover in case I had to modify it becasue I didn't ant to go being me around a sensitive gimbal, but I'm just keeping it close for when I lose the original now that I have the hang of it.

Reactions: rkymtnflyer

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials