Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Best mini tablet

• Thread starter Deleted member 9417
  • Start date
Need suggestions for a good mini tablet to pair with the Evo II 6K. Under
$200. It would be dedicated just for drone use.

That's an easy one, get a used iPad mini, I think you can get an iPad mini 4 for around $200, mine is perfect for my needs. I've never updated the OS and it stays in airplane mode at all times. It is dedicated for flying the different drones I own.

The downside is that it is not very bright in direct sunlight so you will need an anti-glare film and will need to find some shade when you are flying, but other than that it works great. A single charge will last about 10 flight batteries for me and I don't have the problem where it drains the RC's battery when it is connected to the RC (that problem only affects Android tablets).

I started out with an NVIDIA Shield which is what everyone was recommending back in 2014, but it was even dimmer than the iPad and the battery life was a lot worse plus the screen was smaller and not as clear.

Last edited:
Not too much more expensive than you're budgeting, for +/-$300 used, you can pick up one of the best tablets ever made, a SuperAMOLED Samsung Galaxy Tab S6. It's got a gorgeous, daylight viewable screen, has a fast processor that will run Android 11 and play back 4K videos without stutter. I've been using one for a month.

It would be out of the price range you are looking for but we're hearing a lot of positive feedback from customers on the TRIPLTEK 8 Pro. Brightness is 1,200 nits, processor and battery are great.

Reactions: herein2021
It would be out of the price range you are looking for but we're hearing a lot of positive feedback from customers on the TRIPLTEK 8 Pro. Brightness is 1,200 nits, processor and battery are great.

If my iPad mini were to die today, I would probably get the Tripletek, but I figured with the OP's budget used was the only way to stay in that budget and still get a quality tablet.

Reactions: advexure
Check on eBay to see if you can find one of those tables used, but in excellent condition.

Is there a recent tablet that doesn't have GPS built in? Even if you find one, and it will boot Autel Explorer, I'd expect that any low-end tab is unlikely to be bright enough or have enough RAM to fly an EVO II satisfactorily

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials