Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Best Firmware Version and App version for EVO 1?

Probass

Reaction score
I am setting up both my EVO 1 birds after not using them for awhile and I want them both set up the same way. I have seen lots of horror stories on newer versions & updates and the fact that you cannot go back to an earlier version .... so just to be safe I need current info on which version software I should use?

Thanks in advance for the help!

Hello,
For the firmware of the Evo 1, You have no choice, I would even say none, it is firmware 1.5.8 from January 2020 and there is no new since.
Yes, the Evo 2 was released at that time, and as at Autel we can't do two things at the same time, we take care of the last one and we drop the old one.
A bit like the catchphrase of the X-Star and the release of the Evo 1 ..... an air of already known ....
For the Explorer version, you can unfortunately forget the one that went with firmware 1.5.8 because in this version 1.0.1.45 Autel did not make other updates and did not renew the use of the API for Google maps, so no more background maps ........... on the screen.
No choice, therefore, to take the twin Explorer version Evo1 / Evo2.
No need to go get the latest Explorer version to date.
First, it's too heavy for the Evo 1.
Second, the latest versions do not add any other function to the Evo 1 for flights.
The Explorer version Evo1-Evo2 (V 1.1.3.0) or (V 1 .1.3.9) are very good and are largely sufficient for the Evo 1
What I have been using for over a year without a problem.
Take good care of your Evo 1s, because Autel (cowardly) abandoned him like he did with the X-star once. (Some people must also have bad memories of it. And the batteries that are no longer sold, why not, you might as well make the total.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials