Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Before I update .. should I move to Evo 1 Firmware 1.5.8?

Probass

Reaction score
OK .. So I have a new EVO with older firmware on it and it seems to work just fine. Should I update to the 1.5.8? I have heard a lot of horror stories? Anyone one using the latest upgrade successfully?

Personally
EVO 1: Firmware 1.5.8 and Explorer Software V1.0.1.45
(that of the Evo1 not Evo 1 & 2)
Since February 2020: around 84 flights without any problems.
Maybe others have had issues, but not me so far.

Personally
EVO 1: Firmware 1.5.8 and Explorer Software V1.0.1.45
(that of the Evo1 not Evo 1 & 2)
Since February 2020: around 84 flights without any problems.
Maybe others have had issues, but not me so far.
Can’t speak for Evo 2, but 1.5.8 may have been the cause of battery issues on the 1.

I haven't had any battery issues since their purchase (4) in March 2019, still all functional and no Explorer error messages. The cells are always balanced.

Are there not some improvements in the update that are good? I keep hearing about losing some things like waypoints?
I’m locked into Autel’s Evo 1 timewarp at moment, so can’t say. But no new drone and no new software update runs totally smoothly. The Evo 1–imperfect as it may be—is a great bird. The Evo 2 will be a better one. But don’t expect perfection. If you are a ‘Doubting Thomas’, do yourself a favour and sign onto the Mavic or Parrot pilot forums...

OK .. So I have a new EVO with older firmware on it and it seems to work just fine. Should I update to the 1.5.8? I have heard a lot of horror stories? Anyone one using the latest upgrade successfully?
Don't do it!
Some folks have problems, if it aint broke don't fix it.

I just updated to latest EVO 1 firmware last night via download from Autel on SD card. Did for all my batts. Could not get the over the air to update fully. I have only completed 4 flights since then but so far so good.

total newbie here do I go to autel website for update or just go to google play and download the most recent app again brand new never had a drone before EVO 1 model please explain Thank you guys for being gentle in response don't want to f this thing up

With the issues they are having with the firmware I'd hold off till the next update. If you are using Android I would load the app version 1.0.1.45.apk from here All Explorer App Versions, Firmwares, & Manuals If you have a newer version I would uninstall the app and load this one because most people here with the EVO 1 say it works better for them.
As for how to update firmware, here are two videos on showing how to do it manually or over the air.

Reactions: butch
With the issues they are having with the firmware I'd hold off till the next update. If you are using Android I would load the app version 1.0.1.45.apk from here All Explorer App Versions, Firmwares, & Manuals If you have a newer version I would uninstall the app and load this one because most people here with the EVO 1 say it works better for them.
As for how to update firmware, here are two videos on showing how to do it manually or over the air.

i'll fire up my PC and get this uploaded and wait for it to arrive tomorrow sooo I can perform this procedure. Thank you so very much

looks like the manual might be the for certain way to perform this

You're welcome. Manual is usually the best way. You don't have to rely on an internet connection to do it as long as you have the file.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sky3d