Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Before I go crash and burn...what updates are the best

RFIgotme

Reaction score
All I have done at this point was pull the case out of the box and make sure all the parts/items were in it. I have the EVO II Dual 640T Enterprise V2 bundle and also purchased the RTK module for it. It came with the Smart Controller but not sure if it might be smart to have an app loaded on a phone for a backup incase it died.

My question for people that have experience is what firmware versions for each device are the most reliable and do you trust the newest version (which looks to be a beta version in some cases). I would love to download and save the "best" and newest versions as they might disappear from the website any time soon (don't think so but rather be safe than sorry).

It would be nice to understand what the beta/newest version might have added but yet what the beta/newest version might have screwed up that worked previously. If it is a new feature that doesn't work very well from the start I would rather have the beta/newest version. If I needed something I had before that was perfect and it got screwed up by doing the update I would want possibly both versions saved.

All I have done at this point was pull the case out of the box and make sure all the parts/items were in it. I have the EVO II Dual 640T Enterprise V2 bundle and also purchased the RTK module for it. It came with the Smart Controller but not sure if it might be smart to have an app loaded on a phone for a backup incase it died.

My question for people that have experience is what firmware versions for each device are the most reliable and do you trust the newest version (which looks to be a beta version in some cases). I would love to download and save the "best" and newest versions as they might disappear from the website any time soon (don't think so but rather be safe than sorry).

It would be nice to understand what the beta/newest version might have added but yet what the beta/newest version might have screwed up that worked previously. If it is a new feature that doesn't work very well from the start I would rather have the beta/newest version. If I needed something I had before that was perfect and it got screwed up by doing the update I would want possibly both versions saved.
Hi, I have the same setup: "EVO2 Enterprise Dual 640T RTK" V2 since January 2022 and it works quite reliably with the official version 2.3.23. I tried the beta FW, that has nice features, but in waypoint missions the drone "heading" was not really working in "manual" mode (jumped to "route heading" on every waypoint). As I like flying waypoint inspections in "headless" mode this forced me to switch back to the official FW.
Nevertheless the camera gimbal has to be set to a "useable" value on all waypoints, because "no value" would result switching back to "0 degree"...

Reactions: RFIgotme

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elio-Italy