Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Battery update

RPM

Reaction score
Need a little clarification on how to update the batteries. I have 4. I updated the latest firmware 2.6.22, does that cover the update to the battery I used? Do I now need to replace with other batteries and conduct a firmware in the same manner for each? TIA for your help and knowledge on this.If anyone seeing this thread can give me a quick response on the correct way to set up the batteries it will be greatly appreciated. :)

Yes you will need to perform the update for each battery. I would suggest using SD card method and not the over-the-air method using the controller. Download the bin file from the Autel website and run the update with each of the different batteries you have installed in the Drone. After you have done the initial update when you run each additional update It will not update the Drone or the controller just the battery. You will have to reinstall the bin file on the SD card for each update.

Reactions: gschulzuio and RPM
Need a little clarification on how to update the batteries. I have 4. I updated the latest firmware 2.6.22, does that cover the update to the battery I used? Do I now need to replace with other batteries and conduct a firmware in the same manner for each? TIA for your help and knowledge on this.If anyone seeing this thread can give me a quick response on the correct way to set up the batteries it will be greatly appreciated. :)
Thank you for that advise. I’ll do that on the next update. ?

Your very welcome! Remember each time you run the update, the drone will delete the bin file after the update is complete, so you have to load it onto the SD each new update. Safe Flying and Blue skies!

Reactions: RPM
Yes you will need to perform the update for each battery. I would suggest using SD card method and not the over-the-air method using the controller. Download the bin file from the Autel website and run the update with each of the different batteries you have installed in the Drone. After you have done the initial update when you run each additional update It will not update the Drone or the controller just the battery. You will have to reinstall the bin file on the SD card for each update.
Noted.

Reactions: MNT DRONE SOLUTIONS
Hmm. I went through the update from card in drone a couple of days ago. It went smoothly. I then made some changes to settings. Then I remembered that I needed to run the update again for my 2nd battery. I copied the .bin file back onto the card and put it in the drone with the 2nd battery installed. It went through the whole update process soup-to-nuts again. Also, my settings were gone. Moral of the story; run the update for each battery before making any setting changes.

How do I test each battery to check if their update took looked on firmware on controller but don't know update number.
Also I take 4 to 6 hours to charge 4 batterys on green setting on multi battery charger.
Any ideas I take em off when alarm goes off 15% return is 25,% thanks
Hmm. I went through the update from card in drone a couple of days ago. It went smoothly. I then made some changes to settings. Then I remembered that I needed to run the update again for my 2nd battery. I copied the .bin file back onto the card and put it in the drone with the 2nd battery installed. It went through the whole update process soup-to-nuts again. Also, my settings were gone. Moral of the story; run the update for each battery before making any setting changes.

How do I test each battery to check if their update took looked on firmware on controller but don't know update number.
Also I take 4 to 6 hours to charge 4 batterys on green setting on multi battery charger.
Any ideas I take em off when alarm goes off 15% return is 25,% thanks

Before you run an update see what the firmware on the battery is in the Explorer app and then look at the release notes in the update and compare them. If the firmware version in the release notes of the update is different than you will have to update each battery

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sky3d